Flu jab delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this is getting quite a lot of news coverage.

Hopefully the delays won’t cause too much disruption to the flu vaccination programme overall.

I just got my letter saying the GP’s over 65 clinic will be on 16 September. So that’s about the date they always hold it. Unfortunately I shall be on holiday.

I had mine last year on the 17 th September, but have had between September and Ddcember in the past. I am not to concerned at present.

Ours were pretty early last year, a Sunday morning in the middle of September. Not heard a single thing about them this year as yet. It's been October in the main in the past.

My daughter never gets called up for one, I always have to remember to book it (and then get asked why a teenager needs a flu jab... sigh, yes of course she’s vulnerable or I wouldn’t be trying to book her a vaccine...). So it can be December before I get it sorted sometimes, so hopefully we’ll be OK. Fingers crossed, that’s just one more in a long line of things for us at the moment!

My daughter never gets called up for one, I always have to remember to book it (and then get asked why a teenager needs a flu jab... sigh, yes of course she’s vulnerable or I wouldn’t be trying to book her a vaccine...). So it can be December before I get it sorted sometimes, so hopefully we’ll be OK. Fingers crossed, that’s just one more in a long line of things for us at the moment!
Have you tried using a pharmacy instead of waiting/battling your GP?
I have used my local one for a few years and just need to tick a box to ensure I don't pay for it. They know me because I get my prescription from them so know I have diabetes.

Ours were pretty early last year, a Sunday morning in the middle of September. Not heard a single thing about them this year as yet. It's been October in the main in the past.

Yes ‘generally October’ was my feeling too, but then I realised I wasn’t all that sure.

I have half a recollection that last year I left it a bit, then tried at my Pharmacy in late September, but there was a shortage, so I had to wait a few weeks. So perhaps not all that different to what might happen this year?

I got a message from my surgery with an appointment for my flu jab in September (can’t remember the date) and then two days later an apologetic message saying it was supply problems that have caused a delay.

I hate to politicise this thread, but this is entirely due to Brexit, and it’s the same effect on the lack of delivery drivers ( many of whom were EU nationals) making supermarket’s supplies intermittent.

This supply problem may also affect Libre readers - they are made in China. (This won’t affect the sensors).

It’s quite interesting finding out where your stuff is made. All my Apple kit - iPhone, watch, iPad, iPad Pen, are “designed in California, made in China.”So is my electric indoor wheelchair. Used to drive ex President Trump crazy. My vape kit is all made in China, apart from the liquids. Your Avocados, Bananas, Oranges, spices are all shipped in. As are all Almonds and Soy.

When your life is governed by imports, you are at mercy of delivery systems.

I moved surgery earlier this year so no idea how my new one does it. No info yet, nothing on website, etc. Last year had it early September.

... and always poss the slow boat from China was either stuck itself in the Suez Canal, or in the boat jam behind it. Some of the Evergreen - carried containers only reached Lowestoft the other week - so who knows!

Maybe they should put the flu vacc vials on Amazon. Their deliveries are all on time.😉

In Morrisons & they are taking bookings for flu jab, don't know for when as not inquired yet but will do next in.

Another thing is thought we were going to get both booster Covid jab and flu jab together.

Just been told today that our 18 September flu jab clinic is cancelled due to the "national situation" and "watch this space"

I got a message from GP today saying contact to book. I rang to be greeted by a recorded message saying if you’re over 65 there’s a delay in supply and they will be in contact soon. If your younger than 65 hold the line - All booked for 2 weeks time.

I live next door to a Track and Trace lady, who also deals with other matters relating to COVID, flu and notifiable diseases. Yesterday she told me that flu jabs were being held up in Spain due to lack of drivers and lorries in the correct places. She confirmed that the COVID booster and flu jab would be together but not likely to happen in my area, Devon, until late October/November time, instead of the usual September. Priority for the very elderly, health workers, vulnerable, then the over 50's. Sounds about right. My 6 months will be up at the beginning of November.

Ah, I have my flu jab booked with Boots for September 17. Will it take place? Who knows.

I doubt it, Sharron, my appointment at the surgery was around that time, and it’s since been cancelled.

Spoke to the local pharmacist about our booking. His best assessment is that we will be OK for end of Sept although it has not been confirmed how many doses he will actually get. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back