Flight in light aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleased he had a good time. No probs with pressure ? It is just like being in a van with wings. I took of from Newcastle airport. It is quite a big runway, When you are in a little aircraft you feel very 😱

No probs with pressure! However other factors can have an influence - I also took my friend's daughter, who is the same age and also type 1. Both kids tested their BG before flying and were similar levels and had identical snacks - when they landed and came back to the hangar, they both tested again, and my son (who had enjoyed himself and been relaxed) had a stable BG, whereas my friend's daughter had felt very nervous in the air and ended up on 2.7mmol - yikes!

Funny you should say "a van with wings" - he flew in a Bulldog, and when the pilot started up the engine, I joked to the ex-RAF chap standing next to me what a "noisy old bus" it was....turned out that it was his own plane, and his pride and joy, oops! 😛. They took off from a grass runway, and then had to bank sharply to avoid entering Luton Airport airspace. After that the pilot let my son take the controls until it was time to land - you can imagine how thrilling it was for him. 😎

Watch out for the Red Baron ! Sounds ex Redkite. I drop like a stone if I am stressed & that's what your son friend prob did ? I could not belive the engine when I seen it, dipping the oil just like a car. I don't like to think what might happen if you were in the air with a Fiesta engine 😱 ( A lot less stress on them engines)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back