finger pricking

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds a little strange 😱 but I like using my little fingers the best it produces blood much more easily than any other finger and I only have to have the lancet on 1 with them.

I was also told not to use the middle of my fingertips because it would damage them and hurt a lot more. So I always test on the side of my pads.

x

Press the pad of the finger to be pricked with the thumb of the same hand to force the blood into the sides - try avoid having to squeeze the blood out after pricking as then it takes longer to stop[/I]

QUOTE]

That sounds like a good idea, thanks. 🙂

I will try it next time as I always have trouble getting blood.

E uses the little fingers and ring fingers of both hands, sides only. He has found the middle finger even is excruciatingly painful by comparison, and more than once we have forgotten in the night he has sat straight up in bed, practically biting our heads off! Awful.

Always use the sides of the pads, little fingers are the best always give a good drop of blood, rarely use the forfinger or the thumbs.

sounds daft after reading this you use the sides of your fingers and not the pads
or the tops, big ooooooops for me ive been taking blood from the pads using all fingers from my left hand since diagnose😱

I'm interested - when people say they use the 'sides' of their fingers what do they mean exactly? I use the sides of the pads, i.e. not the middle of the pads, but what would be the outer edge of your fingerprint. I seem to have got into the habit of using only my little fingers, mostly the one on my right hand as I'm left-handed. I worked out the other day that I've done about 4,000 tests since diagnosis. My fingers are sore and getting a little calloused so might have to try different ones for a few months. Sometimes the non-pricked fingers feel sore in sympathy!😱

Have a look here- shows side of finger and using the thumb to put pressure on it!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-495062/Do-DIY-health-tests-work-We-ask-experts-verdicts.html

thanks for the link the dame i now know where i was going wrong and how to put it right hopefuly wont be as sore🙂

ive always used the sides of my fingers not because a doctor or nurse told me, my mother told me never stab the finger tip many years ago before i was diagnosed 🙂

Hello me here,

I always use the top just down from the nail, sometimes I vere towards the side.
I find lil finger has best pressure to get the red sauce out so use that when hand colder.

I try and vary it, but may give some of them a rest.

But do any of you have much scar tissue?

I've been thinking for a while to start a thread about this.

I have bought some "bio oil" which I believe is primarily for stretch marks of pregnant women? The idea is to use it daily for 3 months but I haven't as yet!

Have any of you got much scar tissue from finger pricking or injecting, and what do you do about it?

Cheers

Rossi 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back