Finger prick kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verona 88

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello. I have type 2 diabetes and used to get testing strips and lancets in prescription. My surgery don’t prescribe now so I decided I would buy my own. For years I had One Touch Ultra reader. I’ve looked online but am confused by the many different readers and kits.
Can anyone recommend what they use please.
Something that’s not too expensive but that is reliable.
Many thanks in advance
S

Did you have to return the meter? If not you can probably just buy the strips for it yourself.

You may be able to get a free Contour Plus Blue by calling 0345 600 6030, but check the cost of strips.

Edit: Just seen the price of the strips for One Touch Ultra! 😳

The GlucoNavii or Spirit TEE2 are monitors with the cheapest test strips which you can buy on line. You do not need to pay VAT.
The strips are many times cheaper than for some of the other monitors but do check the relative price.

Yes I saw the cost of the strips!!! I still have the meter but thought it was very pricey to keep this one
What do others use?

Yes I saw the cost of the strips!!! I still have the meter but thought it was very pricey to keep this one
What do others use?
It is the cost of the strips that is important though the price has gone up recently I noticed so worth checking a few different on line suppliers. The strips for some monitors can be as much as 4x the price of others.
Many do use the GlucoNavii or TEE2.

The GlucoNavii or Spirit TEE2 are monitors with the cheapest test strips which you can buy on line. You do not need to pay VAT.
The strips are many times cheaper than for some of the other monitors but do check the relative price.
Thank you will check them out.

I was given a Contour Plus Blue by my GP and it’s really easy to use and very neat and tidy in a little black pouch. Sorry I can’t help with cost because the testing strips and microlet needles have all been on prescription.

I was given a Contour Plus Blue by my GP and it’s really easy to use and very neat and tidy in a little black pouch. Sorry I can’t help with cost because the testing strips and microlet needles have all been on prescription.
WOW a forward thinking GP, many have to self fund monitors and strips if Type 2 not on certain meds.

Thank you. My surgery don’t give prescriptions for type 2 diabetes unfortunately.
I will have a look at Contour Plus

Hello. I have type 2 diabetes and used to get testing strips and lancets in prescription. My surgery don’t prescribe now so I decided I would buy my own. For years I had One Touch Ultra reader. I’ve looked online but am confused by the many different readers and kits.
Many thanks in advance
S
One Touch are some of the most expensive strips on the market.

Seems so, don't know what I looked at.
I noticed that the CodeFree ones I use have gone up form £13 per 100 last time I bought them to £19.38 so a big jump in price.
Printer ink syndrome. Virtually (or actually!) give the product away & then rake it in on consumables.

The Caresens strips for my meter are around £15 for 50. The ketone strips are the same price for 10, so I hope the NHS are getting a much better deal on them.

Many thanks in advance
S
I use this one

Strips are one of the cheapest and I found it the most accurate.

if you phone in to make your first order they have been know to throw the meter in for free if you order 5 or more boxes of strips. Delivery is pretty fast too.
Don't forget to tell them you have T2 to avoid the VAT.
Set up a profile and you can order online in future.

Evening All. Can anyone tell me if the GlucoNavii or Spirit TEE2 monitors are Bluetooth and whether they have Apps for the iPhone please.

Evening All. Can anyone tell me if the GlucoNavii or Spirit TEE2 monitors are Bluetooth and whether they have Apps for the iPhone please.
The Tee2 has the SmartLog app for iOS & Android. But like many, the app is IMO flawed when using bluetooth in that sync'd readings can't be modified or deleted. So if you get a duff result, confirmed by retesting, there's no way to correct that. It can't be deleted or corrected on the meter or in the app. This in turn will distort reports. Because of this I moved to manual entry.

The Tee2 strips were £9.95 for 50 from Tesco's pharmacy when I needed a top-up about a month ago, fortunately, mine are still on prescription, but occasionally I run low.
Like @RBZ5416 I too have stopped doing Bluetooth logging in favour of manual logging for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back