Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if your basal dose (toujeo) is just right, blood sugar between 4-10 is very good. Minimum 4.5 would be a little bit safer.

If basal dose is too much, blood sugars are likely to start dropping again.

If this happens, treat again with glucose/sugar and let your doctor know today. He may ask you to reduce your daily basal (toujeo) doses.

This dropping blood sugar could happen all the time until you get your basal just right.

Once your basal dose is just right, it will make it easier for you to manage the diabetes.
Okei i see. I ment my Long term blood sugar that you take eacht 3 month☺️

My Long term blood sugar is 5.1

Which is a little bit too low. But this is expected because you’re having a lot of hypos. As @Amity Island says, once you get your insulin doses correct, your blood sugar should stop dropping low like this 🙂

You have too much insulin and it’s pushing you down.

Good luck to you @Stressabeccy , I hope you can get to speak to your doctor and they can adjust your basal.

Once basal is working (as it should, level and steady over the whole day and night), you can speak to us all about the bolus (humalog). You may be carb counting (adjusting bolus dose to suit the carbs in your meals) or just be on a fixed amount and eat the same amount of carbs each day.

In the meantime, keep an eye on blood sugars and treat as many times as you need to if you go hypo.

Bye for now
Thank you and bye for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back