fever and ketones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear Graham is feeling better 🙂

Glad to hear things on the up, Daniela...but don't worry about a BG of 5? That's a good number, unless I'm missing something?!

Hang in there. Sounds like it's passing. Confess that when my daughter esp is unwell, I have to keep the ibuprofen absolutely back to back, constant -- otherwise she immediately is unwell again. Good luck.

graham vomit last night BG4.3 ketones medium reading at night 3.9 10.9 10.7 and this morning 14 i call the hospital 5 times but they said not need to go in if is not vomit anymore had something to drink over night but not enough now he had his milk why ketones so high with a decent BG ??? any help [no fever]

Daniela, it is possible to get ketones with low levels - dont worry - but just make sure you keep giving Graham lots and lots of water to flush out the ketones - but if they get worse - then i would take him to hospital.Hope he feels better soon.🙂Bev

graham still with ketones the one before the last square we dont know what to do any more is got also a bad sorethroat the hospital sid to keep him home HELP!!!!!!

graham still with ketones the one before the last square we dont know what to do any more is got also a bad sorethroat the hospital sid to keep him home HELP!!!!!!

Hi Daniela

Sorry that Graham is not well :( are your hospital normally good and know their stuff? I just ask because we were told under Rose's last hospital that ketones were ok and we'd get them if we (her parents) were sick too 😱 Obviously we knew this was wrong! Have you given a correction? The strips that you use to test ketones from your urine can be up to 2-4 hours delayed so this is what has happened a few hours back. I would ring up your hospital again to get advice and state that he is not getting better.

Let us know how he gets on...

I hope graham is feeling better today. For the future it might be worth getting access to blood ketone testing.

Hi! How's Graham? Really hope he's on the mend! We fine with M that the nurofen (ibuprofen etc!) is fab for getting the temp down, but whilst he's in the midst of hte bug we need to give almost back to back doses to keep the temp down else it rockets back up & is hard to get down again (hope that makes sense?!) For M it seems nurofen is best to get the temp down, at which point calpol etc can manage to keep it down if given before the temp creeps up again.

Has Graham been eating? Not sure if they are the same type of ketones or whether they'd show up but could he be showing ketones due to not eating? Thoughts anyone?! :confused:

Really hope Graham (& your partner & his brother) are all feeling a lot better! IF you do get very worried, & you feel the hospital is fobbing you off...I'd just turn up at A&E or your local walk-in centre - sorry if that's irresponsible advice, it's just what I'd do - sometimes you feel that you need to get someone to take a look rather than over the phone & if you've not got confidence in your out of hours doc service I don't see what else you could do... Hopefully it won't come to that!!

All the best,

Twitchy x

I hope Graham is feeling much better today. It is possible to have ketones and relatively normal blood sugars - this is OK. It's when both are high that there's a problem as it generally indicates that there is not enough insulin to process the ketones (this is something else that the body uses insulin for as well as processing the glucose). Twitchy makes a good point about if he's not eating much he might be producing 'starvation ketones' but still has enough insulin so they don't make him ill.

hi everybody we are back from hospital graham stop drinking and eating i didnot have any chice is got throat and ear infection on antibiotics ketones 2 ,0 last night 2 this morning but is eating and drinking ok i am a complete wreck cold cough headacke

the diabetic nurse completly useless[at the moment we dont have a PDSN ]

hi everybody we are back from hospital graham stop drinking and eating i didnot have any chice is got throat and ear infection on antibiotics ketones 2 ,0 last night 2 this morning but is eating and drinking ok i am a complete wreck cold cough headacke

Oh Daniela, you and Graham are having such a rough time of it at the moment, I do hope you get through it soon!

Here's a pcture of a chicken in a jumpsuit to cheer you both up (I've posted it elsewhere, but you might not have seen it):

chickenclothes.jpg

GRAHAM reply:why did they send a picture of a chicken that man is crazy!!!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back