fever and ketones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
sorry guys bad week end for graham vmit in the afternoon fever at40 evening last night this morning then ketones called the hospital stayed infrom 2 to 5 no more ketones but still fever high and now ketones again!! isit the calpol the nurofen any help do i call the hospital again??:confused::confused:

I was told to double the corrective dose I use in the presence of ketones. Get plenty of water into him. That should help flush them out. If they haven't reduced in a few hours you should take him to hospital.

Tom

What is his bg? What are his ketones? Give him loads of water and correction doses. Calpol will just make him sleepy and so he may not want to drink water - but if he is very high temp then he needs to bring it down. Bev

sugars before dinner 13.9 he already had lts of water in hospital thi aternoon he already had other 500 ml but have to give more calpol

Oh dear Daniela -- Are you combining calpol and nurofen? No harm in doing so as long as you keep track of when the doses are given...

Also a skin temperature face flannel can really help...

How high are his ketones?

Sorry can't help on this one but i do hope Graham is ok and feeling better today.

Oh dear Daniela -- Are you combining calpol and nurofen? No harm in doing so as long as you keep track of when the doses are given...

Also a skin temperature face flannel can really help...

How high are his ketones?

i was givehim calpol but the hospital said nurofen is better so at 11pm nurofen i already back from work nthis morning and seems the fever is gone will see about ketones

i was givehim calpol but the hospital said nurofen is better so at 11pm nurofen i already back from work nthis morning and seems the fever is gone will see about ketones

i hope hes okay

Giving Calpol and neurofen does work well for a fever as Patricia said.I hope you have a better day, it's so worrying when things like this happen.
Good luck x

graham is back to normal BG9.1 and no fever !!!!!🙂🙂

checks the ketones is between first and second square

is 4 pm and the fever is back😡😡

Has he been very active today? I remember when I was a kid if I had an infection my temp would often spike as I recovered, his immune system is still fighting the lurgy. How's his bgl now?

medicines to reduce fever

Both paracetamol (commonest trade name for children is Calpol) and ibuprofen (commonest trade name is Nurofen) are good for reducing high temperature / fever, but ibuprofen should be given after food (or glass of milk at the very least), while paracetamol can be given on an empty stomach, which may affect which one you choose to give when. You also need to keep track of doses given, which depends on age of child, and when they are given.
For adults, aspirin can also be used to reduce temperature, but also needs to be given after food, or glass of milk at the very least.
Hope Graham is feeling better soon.

Has he been very active today? I remember when I was a kid if I had an infection my temp would often spike as I recovered, his immune system is still fighting the lurgy. How's his bgl now?

yes he was back to normal untill 3 pm back to his PS3 and we went to see the neighbours

That may be part of it, if the infection isn't quite dead yet and he's running around.

BG 5.0!!!!!!! he hasgot a little bit of cough since last week the SEADOC [EMERGENCY DOC] SAID NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT BUT NOW I AM VERY ANGRY😡😡

On Top Of This My Partner And His Brother Had Food Poisoninwhile Lunching Out At Work The School Holiday Did Not Start Really Well ,at Least For Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back