feet question

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinnie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi all can i ask if anyone suffers from dry skin on their feet and if you do what cream or treatment do you find most helpful
i suffer from dry skin and the foot dr{cant spell the proper name lol} said to rub a moistureing cream on them but the cream i am using doesnt seem to be working . thanks guys

Whats the cream he told you to use.

I use e45 cream and it does the trick no end x

I swear by the fairtrade foot lotion in lush, it works wonders for me!

Whats the cream he told you to use.

I use e45 cream and it does the trick no end x

thats what i am using steff maybe i am just beeing impatient lol
going to glasgow next weekend so i go to lush and get some of that foot stuff amyes and give it a try{any excuse to go to lush😉}
thanks guys

I was prescribed the e45 cream but being such a cripple I find it difficult to apply myself so it doesn't get used much.

I use E45 Cream twice Daily

If it is the top part of my feet any cream that comes to hand, if it's my heels then soak them in a little olive oil. I find two saucers with a little oil in each and a heel in each saucer works quite well as you don't need much oil.

i have found flexitol the best cream for feet, it is suitable for diabetics, available from boots.

I use whatever hand / body cream is best value - currently using Asda aloe & cucumber hand & body lotion at night, which is nice & cool; also use Asda cocoa butter hand & body lotion when it gets a bit cooler. I also use E45 or Diprobase when I can get free samples, often in very small tubes, which are ideal for travel. But, 2 days of wet feet from wading through streams on a mountain marathon in the Lake District also softens feet beautifully!

I use Calmurid as prescribed by the doc but sometimes in the evening also put on E45 and then put on socks. Also, when really hard, cracked horrible skin I will put on cream just before going to bed and wear socks in bed.

My big problem is picking away at the hard skin!!

Hi Twinnie just wondering how your feet are and if you managed to get that stuff from lush?? x

i have found flexitol the best cream for feet, it is suitable for diabetics, available from boots.

I have very hard pads on my heels and side of one foot, my GP prescribed Flexitol, nearly finished the first tube though. Think it's the same as the Schol heel cream (main ingredient is Urea).

thanks guys you are all brilliant🙂 steff i got the foot stuff from lush its great really has helped my feet and it smells lovely too

thanks guys you are all brilliant🙂 steff i got the foot stuff from lush its great really has helped my feet and it smells lovely too

lol good hun, i swear by lush :D

I use Flexitol My podiatrist told me to ask my doctor to put it on my repeat prescription about 1 year ago and its been prescribed for me ever since.

John

If your feet are very dry, one thing you can do to increase absorption of cream is to wear socks in bed after applying the cream. You can get cotton socks for this in Bodyshop. The socks mean you can apply loads and don't make a mess of the sheets.

I just use ordinary socks (5 for a ?1 in the pound shop). Flexitol suggests wrapping your foot in cling film - sounds like a good way to get foot rot to me, anyone tried it?

Another vote for Flexitol. Works wonders in 24-48 hours but the smell is quite strong and lingers on your hands for ages despite washing them loads lol!

I just use any foot or even body lotion on my feet every day to keep them soft as i have a lot of body lotions to get through (xmas presents that i am slowly getting through) but when these have all run out i'll probably invest in some good expensive foot cream like Scholl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back