Feet at 'moderate risk'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been too bothered as I’ve seen a couple of private doctors who have done many test. Going forward I won’t be happy if it continues mind you the private ones always update my surgery so maybe they think I’ve got it all under control lol

@EmmaL76 - do you have the NHS App, and have you requested your GP surgery to make your test results available on it? If so, are the private blood tests on there? If yes then OK. If not the NHS have no proof you've had em done, which is NBG At All.

Good point @trophywench no they are not on there. Just records of letters that the consultants have sent to my gp, so they obviously are just very slack !

Good point @trophywench no they are not on there. Just records of letters that the consultants have sent to my gp, so they obviously are just very slack !
Interesting topic.

I live in Bucks had my 'Whipples' surgery done in Oxford, who continue to monitor me post surgery, but discharged me back to my GP in Bucks. My chemo was in Bucks, but under an Onc'y from Oxford. My DSN was in Bucks, but because I moved to an Endo in Oxford (who understood the probs of having no panc'y) I now come under Oxford. My Gastro is in Bucks.

But Bucks can't see my Oxford data & vice versa; it appears that Trusts don't trust and won't share data. So reports and letters get sent from Oxford to my GP electronically, but not from Bucks or my GP to Oxford and I do my best to get digital copies and make sure those digital copies are passed to the different Dep'ts in Oxford. So when I look at my NHS records I can see that reports exist, but not read them. However, phone conversations with my Gastro and a Macmillan dietician, both in Bucks established that they can access all of the content of various reports, even though I can't.

But the Reception at my GP Surgery denied seeing a report from Oxford (requiring a prescription change), that I received by post some 10 days after the Consult, which says it was digitally sent to my GP and which (magically) showed up on my NHS record 24 hrs after speaking to Reception.

My conclusion: I think most digital records are accessible once in the system, but doubtful if non-digital correspondence is visible other than to the recipient. I find it frustrating and defeats the so-called progress of digital dependence.

Sorry, this has little to do with feet!

You need to ASK your GP surgery for access to your test results.

Yes I can access my results via systems online, but as you said nothing else other than the ones my doctor requested x

Our surgery used to bung em all on their own online offering when they'd received em from the hospital so they were accessible - but they don't bother now.

Possibly a 'how longbis a piece of string question' but has anyone ever had their foot tickled and the result be their feet are at 'moderate risk'? I had them tested before Christmas but the nurse didn't seem concerned and didn't make any comment: it was only when I was looking at my NHS online file that I noticed it. I did ask the GP I saw the other day but his opinion was 'some diabetics have to live with neuropathy even with good control'. The issues with my feet have never been officially diagnosed, just tagged on as part of diabetes. Should I get on and accept that this is a part of life and just keep my fingers crossed I stay at moderate?! Maybe this is an impossible question to answer, common sense says go back to the surgery and ask but that's a mammoth task in itself and I'm not sure they actually know! Feels a bit like a 'computer says' scenario 😳🙄
I could wish I had been in the forum early enough to see this post. My GP and care nurse are of the opinion that you just live with it. Mine is quite bad and my feet are very numb. Its taken me 2 years to get them to correct my medical record to include DN. I do see Podiatry from time to time but they do no routine treatment these days, have to go private for routine foot care.

Knowing what happened to my father's mother who was insulin dependant type 2 back in the 1950s, who had multiple amputations over a number of years, when my feet and legs were badly affected by the AZ jab I really concentrated on improving circulation.
For a start I was ultra careful about my diet, as soon as the swelling became noticeable I sprayed legs and feet with cold/hot/cold water in the shower morning and night, I massaged my legs, in sections with a foot on the edge of the bath, doing one bit, swapping legs, swapping back four times to do from knees to toes.
Using a timer I made sure I did not sit for more than an hour without getting up and going into the kitchen and doing step ups on a low stool, I put music on when cooking and danced around, and I went out for walks around the block twice a day.
When I contacted the surgery they organised two face to face appointments at the height of lockdown, so I knew it was serious. After two lots of antibiotics helped, I took gingko biloba, as it is a long established circulation improver.
I still have all my toes though one joint fused - and still check my feet a couple of times a week, still just that bit careful.
If you are having problems then trying any means to improve your circumstances and the outcome seems to be the way to go.

Interesting topic.

I live in Bucks had my 'Whipples' surgery done in Oxford, who continue to monitor me post surgery, but discharged me back to my GP in Bucks. My chemo was in Bucks, but under an Onc'y from Oxford. My DSN was in Bucks, but because I moved to an Endo in Oxford (who understood the probs of having no panc'y) I now come under Oxford. My Gastro is in Bucks.

But Bucks can't see my Oxford data & vice versa; it appears that Trusts don't trust and won't share data. So reports and letters get sent from Oxford to my GP electronically, but not from Bucks or my GP to Oxford and I do my best to get digital copies and make sure those digital copies are passed to the different Dep'ts in Oxford. So when I look at my NHS records I can see that reports exist, but not read them. However, phone conversations with my Gastro and a Macmillan dietician, both in Bucks established that they can access all of the content of various reports, even though I can't.

But the Reception at my GP Surgery denied seeing a report from Oxford (requiring a prescription change), that I received by post some 10 days after the Consult, which says it was digitally sent to my GP and which (magically) showed up on my NHS record 24 hrs after speaking to Reception.

My conclusion: I think most digital records are accessible once in the system, but doubtful if non-digital correspondence is visible other than to the recipient. I find it frustrating and defeats the so-called progress of digital dependence.

Sorry, this has little to do with feet!

If you want Bucks to send clinic letters to Oxford and vice versa, you can ask at your appointments for the other to be copied in. That way they should both at least have the details that are sent to you after clinic appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back