Feeling sorry for myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmal31

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Friday night I started getting hot and cold sweats so much so when I was cold I had three jumpers on a blanket and a duvet and I was still cold :confused: I've been sick a few times as well and my blood sugars have been really high, not the whole time since friday night but most of the time. So tomorrow I will be going to the doctors.

Emma x

Oh Emma, that sounds rough. Hope you're feeling better soon..

Karina

Oh no, that is not what you need with a newborn at all. I hope the doctor sorts you out quickly. Do you have anything to check for ketones with?

Rachel

Are you breastfeeding? I am wondering if you have an infection which may be causing the high levels?🙂Bev

OoOoo *hugs* Emma sorry to hear your feeling this way, hope the doctor can sort this quickly not really what you need right now , xxx

Oh no, that is not what you need with a newborn at all. I hope the doctor sorts you out quickly. Do you have anything to check for ketones with?

Rachel

Yeah exactly, I'm trying to stay away from Jessica as much as possible just in case it's something she can catch but its very hard! I definately need it sorted out quickly by the doctors. Yes i've got some ketone sticks but haven't checked for them yet probably should next time I get a high reading.

xx

Are you breastfeeding? I am wondering if you have an infection which may be causing the high levels?🙂Bev

Yes I am that's another thing i've noticed my milk supply has really reduced we've had to feed jessica some formula because I haven't had enough, which I hate doing.

x

could be the nasty cold going around ....are you sneezing ? get to gp and have bubby checked out aswell xxxx

I've sneezed a few times but I don't feel like I've got a cold x

I've sneezed a few times but I don't feel like I've got a cold x

or you poor ole thing ...is there something like this happens when you start breastfeeding...i cant remember as i really couldn't do it ,but isnt it when the full milk comes in.. please correct me if im wrong..check with midwifey if you still seeing her?

(((hugs))) hope your are feeling better soon xx

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Emma. How you doing today? Hope you start to feel better soon x

Hi Emma,

Hope this isn't too personal...😱 ...but how are your erm, bosoms doing? I'm just wondering if it might be mastitis? Whatever it is, if you want to keep breast feeding just express, express, express! (If it is mastitis, this will help!) Even if you're worried about ketones in the milk & chuck it, at least it will help keep your milk flowing until you feel better...meanwhile if you're using a good teat on the bottle (we used Tommee Tippee "Closer to nature" bottles / teats!) then hopefully there shouldn't be an issue with getting baby back on the boobs once your happy to breastfeed directly again (whatever reason you're ill for!). We had to do top ups almost the whole time with M (good old Aptamil!) & he is a healthy feisty lad now, so don't let anyone worry you about top ups at any rate!

Hope that might help! In the meantime, really hope you feel better soon - don't delay going to the docs though, you've just had a c section & need to be looked after for a while so don't try & tough it out!! 🙂 Big Hug to you...

Hope you're on the mend,

Twitchy x

Sounds like the virus my son had before Christmas. It last 48 hours and he was better. I hope you feel better and Jessica is OK too.

I woke up this morning and feel normal again..? so who knows what it was so I didn't end up going to the doctors. Checked for ketones today because my blood sugar got up to 19.4 after lunch and nothing there and now my blood sugar is back to normal hopefully it stays that way.

Twitchy- my bosoms have been fine not feeling full like they were a couple of hours after breastfeeding, I'm still not getting as much as I was but it's getting better now and i'm expressing to help it come back. Jessica was bottledfed for the first few days anyway because the midwife's kept ignoring me everytime I said I wanted to breastfeed one even said it was too fiddly whilst she was down in neo natal unit for the couple of days!

Emma x

It does sound like one of the many viruses on the go just now. Let's hope so and that it's gone. I'm glad you're feeling better at least.

Lovely photo of you and Jessica BTW.

It does sound like one of the many viruses on the go just now. Let's hope so and that it's gone. I'm glad you're feeling better at least.

Lovely photo of you and Jessica BTW.

Thank you very much alison 😉

well pleased you feeling better and keep on pumping that milk xxxx WELL DONE xxx🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back