Feeling ill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Gail, sorry to hear this. I understand how you are reluctant to go to hospital but how will you get meds sorted? You clearly need to get this sorted you must feel terrible with bg that high?

Its seems a long time until Monday cant gp do anything else re meds? am worried about you, not nagging you i hope you understand. Has he not given you more meds etc?

Oh Gail, sorry to hear this. I understand how you are reluctant to go to hospital but how will you get meds sorted? You clearly need to get this sorted you must feel terrible with bg that high?

Its seems a long time until Monday cant gp do anything else re meds? am worried about you, not nagging you i hope you understand. Has he not given you more meds etc?
Thanks for caring it means a lot to me. hes given me the anti sickness meds im not being as sick as i was yesterday so we will see how it goes

Hi Gail, just wanted to add my best wishes to the others - hope you are feeling much better soon 🙂 My levels are nowhere near yours, but I have got a cold at the moment and so they are much higher than I'm used to and it's making me feel rough, so can't imagine how you must feel. Take care, my dear 🙂

Hi Gail, just wanted to add my best wishes to the others - hope you are feeling much better soon 🙂 My levels are nowhere near yours, but I have got a cold at the moment and so they are much higher than I'm used to and it's making me feel rough, so can't imagine how you must feel. Take care, my dear 🙂

I will be round to mop your fevered forehead asap i wonder she mutters where did i put that naughty nurses outfit 😉

I will be round to mop your fevered forehead asap i wonder she mutters where did i put that naughty nurses outfit 😉

Northey! It's time to start running NOW! :D

Gail, hope the levels start behaving themselves for you soon.

Andy

Hope you are both feeling better soon.

What are keytones?

What are keytones?

The Keytones are a pop band (sorry!) 😉

Ketones are an acid remaining when the body burns its own fat.

When the body cannot get enough glucose from the blood to use as energy (in the case of type 2 diabetics it may receive very little glucose, in type 1 cases it will receive none --> assuming there is little or no insulin present), it will begin to burn fat.

When the body is burning too much fat, it may cause ketones to become present in the bloodstream and then the urine.

Andy

think the sickness meds are working feel very tired but this morning bg is down to 16.1 so thats good news

What are keytones?

The Keytones are a pop band (sorry!) 😉

Ketones are an acid remaining when the body burns its own fat.

When the body cannot get enough glucose from the blood to use as energy (in the case of type 2 diabetics it may receive very little glucose, in type 1 cases it will receive none --> assuming there is little or no insulin present), it will begin to burn fat.

When the body is burning too much fat, it may cause ketones to become present in the bloodstream and then the urine.

Andy

The ketones are a pop group in this explanation.

Click on the link to them on the left, after the introduction.

http://www.thinklikeapancreas.com/pierrepancreas.swf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back