Feeling horrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you feel better soon 🙂 x

Hope you feel better soon 🙂 x

Thanks Emma. Still not sorted - am 9.0 before bed, should be 5 ish after the insulin I had. I'm not doing a 1 unit correction though, but have increased my lantus by a unit to see if that helps. This time last week my total daily insulin was 28 units - today I have had 43!

How are you today Northy? Any better xx

Rubbish! 😡 I woke up at 1:45 last night feeling hot, tested and I was 2.7! Grrr!!! At least I woke up, which is a blessing, I suppose. Haven't had a night hypo for ages. So, that was about 7 hours after my evening meal, I wen't to bed at 9.0 mmol/l having increased my lantus by 1 measly unit and dropped over 6 mmol in the next couple of hours. Even 1 unit of novorapid wouldn't bring me down that far, so why would 1 extra unit of lantus - especially when I was running high?

Managed to get back to sleep then woke again at 4:30, felt woozy so tested and I was 6.2. I woke up this morning to 5.8 and feel shattered. Stupid diabetes!

Have a morning or afternoon nap if you can. Catch up on the lack of sleep.
Hope you'll feel better soon.

feeling a bit rubbish aswell northe .... sick last night and now have the muzzy head and no pain killers in house ! hope you feel alot better soon xx

Sorry to hear your not feeling any better. Diabetes loves to play tricks doesn't it when you think you've got it sussed it switches on you and does the complete opposite of what you expected. Hope the illness goes soon so you can get things back on track x

Rubbish! 😡 I woke up at 1:45 last night feeling hot, tested and I was 2.7! Grrr!!! At least I woke up, which is a blessing, I suppose. Haven't had a night hypo for ages. So, that was about 7 hours after my evening meal, I wen't to bed at 9.0 mmol/l having increased my lantus by 1 measly unit and dropped over 6 mmol in the next couple of hours. Even 1 unit of novorapid wouldn't bring me down that far, so why would 1 extra unit of lantus - especially when I was running high?

Managed to get back to sleep then woke again at 4:30, felt woozy so tested and I was 6.2. I woke up this morning to 5.8 and feel shattered. Stupid diabetes!

*lots of hugs* Hope it all passes soon xxx

Its so frustrating isn't it.
Hope that today things calm down and you start to bet back on an even keal.

Sorry you are not feeling any better, grr the dreaded D :(

Aww Northey cmon they all need you back on form for the meets coming up, get well soon xx

18091.jpg

Just a wee pick me up x

Aww Northey cmon they all need you back on form for the meets coming up, get well soon xx

Just a wee pick me up x

Thanks Steffie! :D

hope you feel better soon northe xx

Cheers cobber! Hope your next two weeks go better than the last two! 😱 😉

I just checked on my new free meter software (thank you Roche!) and my stats are as follows:

18-20th July 80% in range, 20% above
21-23rd July 52% in range, 43% above, 5% hypo

I don't feel as nauseous and headachy as I did, but I still had to put a bucketful of insulin in for my fried egg sandwich at lunch to try and stay in range (about 50% more than I would normally inject for it)

Hi there! haven't been around for a couple of days, so sorry to see you haven't been well. Hope you feel better today?
I'm off to check my ankles :D thanks for that little gem!

Hi there! haven't been around for a couple of days, so sorry to see you haven't been well. Hope you feel better today?
I'm off to check my ankles :D thanks for that little gem!

Thanks Lynda, feeling a bit better today 🙂 Do you keep your ankles hidden in a special place then? I can normally just look down at mine...😉 :D

Hey Northy,

Only just saw this. Hope you are feeling better.

Man flu? 😉

Lou x

Hey Northy,

Only just saw this. Hope you are feeling better.

Man flu? 😉

Lou x

I don't like to complain... 😉

Actually, whatever it was seems to have gone now! After being generous with the insulin again today, I had a 4.6 before lunch, then a 2.6 about 2 hours later and a 3.1 an hour after that. Might be in serious trouble later as I was still confused by that 3.1 when I sat down to my meal. About half way through, I realised I hadn't injected for it - or had I? I hadn't written it down and couldn't remember, so I've injected and have a tub of jelly babies standing by in the event I've double dosed! 😱

Any excuse for a jelly baby!😉. Glad your feeling better though. I finished my whole Nut bar last night so levels coming down now, boy chocolate lasts a long time in my blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back