Feeling horrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've been feeling really nauseous and a bit feverish all day, plus my levels have been much higher than normal despite the fact I've thought I was being over-generous with the insulin at every meal - in fact I've half expected to be going hypo! Could be some sort of bug I suppose, most annoying. Just wondering if I should up my basal...

I've got an appointment with the podiatrist tomorrow, not sure what it's about as I only went two months ago and she said my feet were fine and to call for another appointment in 8 weeks. I think it might be to discuss the thermal inserts they gave me because my feet sometimes get very cold.

Sorry, rambling, must be the lurgy! 😱

Hi Northerner,
Being T2 and norvice, can't be of much help, but I feel for you.
Hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Kay

Hi Northerner, sorry I can't offer you much helpful advice, but I'm sure sending you lost of hugs and get better soon wishes your way! 🙂

keep ya chin Up sweetie!....Lots of love Ellowyne xXx

Thank you ladies 🙂 Hopefully will get a better night's sleep than last night, much cooler tonight. I very rarely get ill and can't work out if the nausea is due to higher levels (which are not very high at all in the scheme of things!) or the other way round. Before diagnosis I would have just brushed it off, but part of the problem now I find is being on tenterhooks waiting to see how badly it might mess up my levels!

Hope you are feeling better today.

I hate those days where despite having extra units the BMs just won't drop. Hope you had a good night sleep and the nausea has subsided.

hope you're feeling better northey :D

Hi Northerner, I hope you are feeling better. There are lots of bugs going round at the moment so it is probably just the lurg.

Do hope your feeling at least a little bit betta today Northerner, take care of yourself, lv and hugs Shirl x

Take it easy Northerner. Hope you feel better soon.

Take care, hope you are feeling better soon x

Slept slightly better last night thanks to the cooler air, but still feel a bit dodgy - sort of like having a cold without the cough or sniffles! My BG was about 1 mmol higher than nornal this morning, which isn't really that unusual so not sure what to make of it.

I actually feel a bit better now because I've just been on a 5 mile round walk to the podiatrist and back (took the long way round!) - all for a 5 minute check! Thankfully, she was very pleased with my feet (what a job, although I have actually got very nice feet 🙂). One thing I learned was that if you have hair growing at around ankle level and above then it indicates that your pulses are OK and you have a good blood supply, which is encouraging - although maybe not so for the ladies! 😱

Hope you feel better soon Northerner - must say there is nowt worse than when your feeling off x

ive got hairy ankles !!! hheeeheeee glad you feeling better ..i been a bit off aswell cos of muggy weather here in the woods ...i wanna go back to the seaside....

Hobbits had it right regarding hairy feet!

glad you are feeling better today, take it easy and look after yourself

Sorry to hear your not at your best big man hope it is just a minor blip and your back to full health soon xx t/c

Last edited:
One thing I learned was that if you have hair growing at around ankle level and above then it indicates that your pulses are OK and you have a good blood supply, which is encouraging - although maybe not so for the ladies! 😱

Oh er! My feet had not read that so despite the drop in circulation are not hairless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back