Feeling Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Neens
Sorry you are feeling low.
Just go easy on yourself, you don't have to get everything right nor be all consuming in the learning zone.
Give yourself some time off mentally and learning and just relax a bit, pamper yourself, treatment yourself, have lunch with friends or meet for coffee. All is not lost, its just an adjustment in lifestyle and I am sure further down the line you will be managing things ok and feeling more confident about things generally.

Have a mental holiday, just do things that you enjoy doing.
xx
Thanks Jodee - this hit home and I plan a few mental days off.
I still have a few finger pricks that are healing and as I am on meds (so the hypos aren't real) and have BG under control and don't plan to eat too differently over the next few days - and the fact that they don't give T2 monitors etc. I have decided to take some time off from testing, give my fingers a rest. I also realised I have logged into the forum everyday - so am giving myself a few days off here too - which is one of the reasons I am replying to everyone on this thread before I log off. No need for anyone to worry. I shall be back over the weekend or next week.
I shall still fill in the food diary and keep on track with the changes I have made, but I am going to stop reading about it for a while and go and enjoy myself.

Thanks everyone for your help.

So after taking some time away and getting some more work, I feel more balanced. I am going to talk some things through with DN before my next apt. which is March - the next big one where I will find out what all this new lifestyle has done for the HbA1c... 😱
My head is in a better place. Thanks again for your support.

Hello Neens,
Good to hear that you've got yourself into a better place. It takes a lot of inner strength to do that, so well done.

Hello Neens,
Good to hear that you've got yourself into a better place. It takes a lot of inner strength to do that, so well done.
Thanks, Kay - was supported by people on this thread. 🙂 The 'Becker Bible' as I have renamed it! And my family/partner. I didn't expect to spend a week away from posting and online google research, but I did and my life got productive again and work came... the universe has a way of panning out. This in turn took my mind off it and lifted me from under the wave.

It is big and horrible, but I have lost a stone and explored a healthier lifestyle - which in turn may keep me on the planet longer than my pre-diagnosis life was going to! And if not I can become knowledgeable and help others 😉.

Thanks though - your support means a lot.

Again well done on your achievements and from coming through on the crest of the wave.
It's a long road and there will be ups and downs, but I think you stand a very good chance of winning through..
One day you will tell your story of how you achieved this, and it will become part of someone else's survival guide.

Again well done on your achievements and from coming through on the crest of the wave.
It's a long road and there will be ups and downs, but I think you stand a very good chance of winning through..
One day you will tell your story of how you achieved this, and it will become part of someone else's survival guide.
@Toucan so love your last sentence... wonderful and sending you best wishes @Neens .... xx

I didn't expect to spend a week away from posting and online google research, but I did and my life got productive again and work came... the universe has a way of panning out. This in turn took my mind off it and lifted me from under the wave.

It is big and horrible, but I have lost a stone and explored a healthier lifestyle - which in turn may keep me on the planet longer than my pre-diagnosis life was going to! And if not I can become knowledgeable and help others 😉.

Really pleased you have got yourself into a better headspace @Neens - well done on taking the time to look after your whole self. Not always easy to do.

Really pleased you have got yourself into a better headspace @Neens - well done on taking the time to look after your whole self. Not always easy to do.
Thanks Mike, feeling much better. Have managed a full week of work with Diabetes...only forgot tablets once and managed the right types of brekkie and lunch.

I usually work part time. And have been off sick for a year so it is a big (and tiring) step!

Good to be back!

You will never know how true this is... a notebook is in progress 🙂 - then I found out about Gretchen Becker - but there have been some advances since 2004 so writing a new story may still work! 😉 And if it doesn't I have those Diabetic Pilates videos to make for You Tube 😛 (@everydayupsanddowns had the idea for me! ha ha).
Thanks for such a sweet message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back