Feel like crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisharrison

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good evening all I have recently be diagnosed type 2 and at the start my blood sugar level was 10.4 I have been taking Empagliflozin for 3 days now and have been eating less sugary thing well today I have been walking most of the day round a theme park and have had lunch but in the afternoon I started to feel really weak and belly didn’t feel right when I got home I did a blood sugar test and it’s at 8.7. I know that’s still high but it’s a lot lower than I usually am do u think it was this or something else that had made me feel like this since coming home I have just rested and already am feeling better

Thanks

Resting is good, as is a warm drink and a small amount of carbs might steady things - I mean a bit of biscuit, a few grapes, maybe 4 to 6.
If that cures things it is good, as it means you are still producing insulin and activity helps reduce your insulin resistance

Do you have any symptoms of ketones, or ketone strips to check for those? Just that you say your belly feels weird… do you mean you feel sick? Have you been sick?

Good evening all I have recently be diagnosed type 2 and at the start my blood sugar level was 10.4 I have been taking Empagliflozin for 3 days now and have been eating less sugary thing well today I have been walking most of the day round a theme park and have had lunch but in the afternoon I started to feel really weak and belly didn’t feel right when I got home I did a blood sugar test and it’s at 8.7. I know that’s still high but it’s a lot lower than I usually am do u think it was this or something else that had made me feel like this since coming home I have just rested and already am feeling better

Thanks
It sounds as if what you were experiencing was a false hypo (Low blood sugar) This happens because your body has been used to higher numbers so now they have come down a bit it feels awful to start with as you found out today. As you gradually drop down to normal numbers this feeling will go.

Do you have any symptoms of ketones, or ketone strips to check for those? Just that you say your belly feels weird… do you mean you feel sick? Have you been sick?
No idea sorry I haven’t been sick and now I have been resting I feel ok now

Just another thing is are you drinking plenty of fluids? The tablets make you pee more (as I'm sure you have found out) and its easy to get a wee bit dehydrated and feel a bit off.

Just another thing is are you drinking plenty of fluids? The tablets make you pee more (as I'm sure you have found out) and its easy to get a wee bit dehydrated and feel a bit off.
Good point as I think they recommend at least 3 litres of liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back