Eye test results .......some retinopathy detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you they need to be more joined up !

I agree! I was once part of a piece of work submitted by the ABCD (association of british clinical diabetologists) who tried to highlight how potentially harmful these letters can be, and to improve their wording.

Shame things haven’t improved since!

I just had my test a week or so ago.
Worried about it too.
Have to go back in about 4 weeks for another test.

I just had my test a week or so ago.
Worried about it too.
Have to go back in about 4 weeks for another test.
Did they say why you need to repeat the retinopathy eye test?

Did they say why you need to repeat the retinopathy eye test?
Yes. He said he did not want to prescribe new glasses if my eyes are changing or reversing the affects of my attack. He wants to redo the test and give my eyes more time to heal or adjust I guess.

Strange thing is, my vision was 20/40 before this. Now they are 20/30 and making my old glasses give me even worse vision than without. My near/close eyesight was very blurry but getting better.
I can see to type now without reading glasses that I had to purchase just to see my phone screen. Even with my Galaxy Fold open, I couldn't see it just last week.

Yes. He said he did not want to prescribe new glasses if my eyes are changing or reversing the affects of my attack. He wants to redo the test and give my eyes more time to heal or adjust I guess.

Strange thing is, my vision was 20/40 before this. Now they are 20/30 and making my old glasses give me even worse vision than without. My near/close eyesight was very blurry but getting better.
I can see to type now without reading glasses that I had to purchase just to see my phone screen. Even with my Galaxy Fold open, I couldn't see it just last week.
That just sounds like a normal eye test not a diabetic retinopathy screening

That just sounds like a normal eye test not a diabetic retinopathy screening
They did the full test and he did not find any real damage. All he said was my eyes had been affected by my diabetes and need time to go back to normal. This is why he has to repeat his tests to see if my eyes have come down from being swollen I think he said. Something about my eyes, just like the rest of me was affected by DKA and so on.
I had gained 30 lbs of just fluid in a very short time. Within those two weeks in ICU I lost all that 30 lbs and 20 more since being out of the ICU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back