eye floaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry tongue in cheek comment - I meant that reading the thread specifically (on the internet) was bad for me as I now notice them :D
Yes, Sorry . i guess that might be my cure if i can distract myself from them .

I have has small ones for years and initially they are very irritating and when you try to look where they are they then ‘float’ and take time to settle down again.

As we get older the fluid gets a bit thicker so the floaters tend to stay put. A few months after my cataract op I had a small tear and got a floater in the middle of my right eye. It looked enormous and I could not imagine being able to ignore it. 6 months later I rarely notice it and my brain has adjusted. It is obvious every now and then, but otherwise I just ignore it.

I was advised that if it was very annoying I could have the fluid removed. We don’t need it, but it is an expensive op!!! When I had my retinopathy check a month ago I was advised to avoid that op if at all possible. There are frequent complications.

I have both tinnitus and eye floaters. If I focus on other stuff I am not particularly aware of them but if I let them affect me and focus on them, they can be quite overwhelming and worrying. I choose to ignore them and focus on other nice or interesting things and keep them in the distant background where they belong.
My left ear is now really "singing" really quite loudly now that I am thinking about it and not in a nice way, but I know that reading this thread has just made me focus on it, so that I am hearing it. It will fade into the background when I move on and find something more interesting to distract me.

I have both tinnitus and eye floaters. If I focus on other stuff I am not particularly aware of them but if I let them affect me and focus on them, they can be quite overwhelming and worrying. I choose to ignore them and focus on other nice or interesting things and keep them in the distant background where they belong.
My left ear is now really "singing" really quite loudly now that I am thinking about it and not in a nice way, but I know that reading this thread has just made me focus on it, so that I am hearing it. It will fade into the background when I move on and find something more interesting to distract me.
yes, it is not something I am trying yo focus on .

Yes, I was told about the op but will have yo affect vision which it does not.

My instinct is to avoid eye surgery if its not essential. Seems a sensible starting point for me; I like being able to see and won't jeopardise that if I don't need to.

My instinct is to avoid eye surgery if its not essential. Seems a sensible starting point for me; I like being able to see and won't jeopardise that if I don't need to.
Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back