extreme thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so typical of the medical profession - you actually want to take care - stop your diabetes from developing further and they do nothing to help - such as giving you one script for test strips! It is ludicrous but the way of the world I am afraid.
LisaLQ PM me and I will send you a Collins carb counting book which I have 2/3 of! They are small and fit in your handbag and give you a great knowledge of carb content in everyday foods. Use it initially just so you get the hang of it - fruit is great - but it has sugar in it and carbs! As a T1 I inject for every piece of fruit I eat! So yes healthy eating is one thing - but knowing your carbs is another I am afraid! Your diet sounds great - but for me it is carb heavy which will up your blood sugars.

Thanks - I may take you up on that, but I'm concerned as I dont know who to trust about things like this. On one hand I have a trained professional telling me I dont need to do that, on the other I have a few fellow diabetics telling me she's wrong. I'm not saying either are right or wrong, just saying it's confusing and scary and I dont know what to do.

On a side note, I wish there was some form of counselling available for those who feel like their emotions have been hit by a truck, ashamed, confused or depressed. I also thought that all diabetics would be invited to the dietician clinic, but I've just been told to continue as I have been for the next 6 months.

Started my statins last night, feeling sick and tired/weak/hungover today - is that normal? I took them at the same time as my amitriptyline and dihydrocodeine, but feel like I did 20 pints in the pub last night (despite being t-total lol).

Still feeling a bit pants, crampy legs today and my (normal) joint pain has increased a bit, but it might be the cold. If it is the statins how long will it take to go away?

Still feeling a bit pants, crampy legs today and my (normal) joint pain has increased a bit, but it might be the cold. If it is the statins how long will it take to go away?

I'd love to be able to tell you Lisa, but I really don't know, or if the statins are causing it. When I first went on them I was on so many other pills at the same time that it took me ages to determine what it was that was making me feel so ill - I also had bad cramps at night and joint pain. I'm afraid all we concluded eventually (my GP and me) was that it was the combination of several powerful drugs, not any individual one.

Eventually, I was able to stop a lot of the drugs so things did ease a lot, but I decided myself to stop taking the statins as my cholesterol was already rock-bottom (2.4), and got fewer muscle aches and pains after that.

I'd persevere for a little while, but make notes of how you feel each day then you can go back to your doctor and he/she might decide to start you on a lower dose or a different type of medication. Hope it eases soon!🙂

Thanks - you sound a bit like me, I swear if I shake you'd hear me rattle lol. I take amitriptyline, dihydrocodeine and paracetamol for my pelvis problem (I have an unstable pelvis since having SPD when I was pregnant with the triplets nearly 7 years ago), and now aspirin and statins.

I think the joint pain is just my normal thing - considering it's snowing here today it's pretty cold so that might be behind it. I just get crampy calves through the night, and feel a bit faint sometimes, nothing bad really so I shouldn't complain (but as usual, I did!).

Sorry for whinging so much, truth is in myself I actually feel lots better since finding out I have diabetes a month ago and changing my diet, my skin is better, I'm over a stone lighter, and I'm trying to stay positive about it all - just now and again I slip into woe is me mode, and feel a bit like I've lost all the fun things in life. I dont/cant drink, I gave up smoking, due to my pelvis my sex life is completely gone, and now so has my one comfort - food! Merry bloomin' Christmas! 😛

(although I do plan to go completely off the rails on Christmas day - I have permission from the nurse LOL):D

Nearly a month on and I'm still parched. So low at the moment, feel completely abandoned and no idea whether I'm doing ok or not. Let myself down over Chrimble (ate what I wanted on Xmas Eve and Day, and caved last night with party food too), feel a complete idiot.

Now I'm back to eating food I hate (my own fault for getting this fat in the first place - I know), and still feeling crap.

I'm sorry - everything I post is negative, when really I dont have it bad, I'm very lucky, and if I am feeling pants it's because I brought this on myself by stuffing my face with what I wanted for 32 years :D 😛

I'm sure it's just the after effects of eating tonnes of high carb food last night that's making me feel this low today. I wish I could afford a blood meter now - yep, you were right, it's crap not knowing what's going on. I've got a cholesterol test booked for in a few days, but apart from that I wont see the diabetic nurse for another 5-6 months now. In the meantime I just have to eat healthily and hope it's working...

I swear if I see no-fat cottage cheese once more, I will start throwing things though! Motivation needed asap!

I'm sorry - everything I post is negative, when really I dont have it bad, I'm very lucky, and if I am feeling pants it's because I brought this on myself by stuffing my face with what I wanted for 32 years :D 😛

I wish I could afford a blood meter now - yep, you were right, it's crap not knowing what's going on.
I swear if I see no-fat cottage cheese once more, I will start throwing things though! Motivation needed asap!

Accuchek are still giving away free meters.
Fill this form in below
Use theses details ...........Accuchek Active .........Reg No. GG02374573
( that's an old one I got free years ago).
http://www.accu-chek.co.uk/gb/prima...&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=timetoupgrade

HTh

Do yourself a favour and get a meter!!! you wont know whatt to do til u know what ur sugars are doing, then again maybe wait til ur next visit to the clinic if its only on the 11th or phone them first thing on monday!!!! You shouldnt have to suffer like this

Thanks folks. Hubby and I have decided to visit the docs this week sometime, and have a word with him instead of the nurse. Also mention that my depression's back with a vengeance and see about sorting that out.

Again, sorry for being so stressy and moaning, cant shake the lows at the moment, feeling so guilty and fed up. I'd say I didn't ask to be diabetic, but I did really, so I've got no-one to blame but me.

Hey ho - shall update once I've seen them. I've booked a trip up to see family this weekend as a pick me up too. 2 days without kids 😉:D

I hope that you have a good outcome to your appointment, I don't know if you saw the depression thread that was up last week, but alot of us are struggling at the moment.

Don't feel guilty type 2 diabetes has a large genetic componant so if you want to blame anyone, then blame your parents 😉

Keep your chin up

Oh I like that idea, shall give them a good telling when I see them this weekend lol. :D

My grandad had type 2 and died of complications (alongside lung cancer IIRC - was 20-odd years ago now though so I may be wrong as to cause of death). :(

I nearly told my dad it was his fault I had PCOS (another diabetes related condition - insulin resistance causes it allegedly, and it's passed on by paternal genes). But I dont think he'd have understood considering he has no ovaries :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back