Exercise on low calorie diet

I think that was Uncle Arthur in London.
I'll see if I can find a photo of the bike. Bespoke frame-makers are almost extinct now, unfortunately - as are high quality steel frames generally, of course. I always loved seeing photos of Dave Lloyd's state-of-the-art bikes - and wished that I could afford something like that, instead of being a poor student :rofl:.

1727634400190.png

I'll see if I can find a photo of the bike. Bespoke frame-makers are almost extinct now, unfortunately - as are high quality steel frames generally, of course. I always loved seeing photos of Dave Lloyd's state-of-the-art bikes - and wished that I could afford something like that, instead of being a poor student :rofl:.

View attachment 31687
I've found a photo of it from 1980! You may just be able to make out 'A.S. Gillott' on the downtube.
1729172776909.jpeg

Hi, not sure how you got on with this....

How long have you been on the very low cal diet?
I'm also on the 800 cals a day (for 12 weeks, currently in week 3) and I am finding that any extra exertion / activity causes me to tire very quickly, so while I'm on this diet I'm not trying to exert myself.
I would be very wary of exerting yourself too much when on only 800 cals a day!
How long are you on your low cal diet for and how much longer have you got to go?
Can you not just stop cyclling for the few weeks you are on the diet and slowly re-introduce it afterwards?
The whole point of it is to lose weight, so are you losing weight on it?
Sorry lots of questions....!

You seem to be suggesting that you might eat more (protein, etc) to compensate for the low cals while cycling, as you will obviously burn more cals, but to me thats just complicating things, just stick to the diet and don't cycle until after the diet, or maybe I'm just over simplifying things. Cheers

Last edited:
I've found a photo of it from 1980! You may just be able to make out 'A.S. Gillott' on the downtube.
View attachment 32045
Oh yes!!
I think - if my eyes do not deceive me, that the spokes are arranged like my Dad used to make wheels - on the rear wheel there are places where the spokes run almost parallel, on the front they are all angled to each other - Dad did explain the reason for it, and the names, but it was a long time ago.
I never could ride with dropped handlebars - my arms are too short.

Oh yes!!
I think - if my eyes do not deceive me, that the spokes are arranged like my Dad used to make wheels - on the rear wheel there are places where the spokes run almost parallel, on the front they are all angled to each other - Dad did explain the reason for it, and the names, but it was a long time ago.
I never could ride with dropped handlebars - my arms are too short.
I'm afraid that the wheels didn't come with the frame. They are though fairly standard wheels of the time.

Back