Eurovision 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post contains info about Eurovision Song Contest 2024 Ireland Contestant Bambie Thug expressing their personal opinions about the ECB running the event banning non-binary flags, and if you are easily offended by LGBTQIA+ people talking about their lives and their issues in the context of Eurovision (on topic) please look away due to some bad language censored of course, how very un-ladylike...
It’s my understanding Bambi has a grievance with the EBU after being asked to change some printed wording expressing a “political bias?” (A minor change which didn’t actually affect what was a stunning visual performance.) Also there was a comment made by a “KAN” broadcaster regarding the dark nature of act, which Bambi deemed offensive. Meanwhile our very own Graham Norton stated something along the lines that parents may wish to be aware younger children may find the act “frightening?”
I always look forward to the commentaries from Wogan over the years and also the worthy successor Norton.

Viva La Diva! Love Dana International, yes Eurovision is an entertaining song contest, but personally I can't see any difference between say entertainers/actors/musicians/public figures attending Eurovision (or any other public showbiz awards ceremony) with their straight married partners and kids in front of the press giving the public an insight into their private lives, and Nemo Things coming out publicly as non-binary in their own way and being deserving of respect dignity and being listened to from their new platform...

There's very cute endearing video of them hitch-hiking from Zurich to Malmo for Eurovision, and they have to use service station toilet cubicle to apply make-up to feel like themselves which is inevitably removed by the rain wind and elements, and they have supportive friend as travel companion, so even "Stars" and "Eurovision Winners" have to think about personal safety whilst travelling if they are vulnerable, alongside this reminding me of the EU Schengen area with free movement, but that's yet another angsty story for another time... Love everything Nemo, they are supported by their many fans in being their true authentic selves...

Loved the hitchhike documentary. Done some European driving myself. That looks like nearly a 24 hour trip even with a vehicle? What puzzles me is why didn’t the organisers book a flight from Zurich to Malmo Sturup? It’s a 300 or 350 quid flight.

@Satan’s little helper yes Jinkx Monsoon (of RuPaul's Drag Race, Broadway Musicals, and Internationally Tolerated Cabaret Star Fame!), perfect casting for the Doctor Who Villain Maestro, they also self-identify as non-binary, alongside being very open about their ongoing transitioning journey to wherever/whatever/undefined destination taking hormones, having FFS (Facial Feminisation Surgery), indulging in cosmetic surgery like hair transplants, because nothing this gorgeous could be real, Darling!

Jinkx comic book origin story peeking behind the scenes as fabulous entertainer, singer/songwriter, actor, stage performer and reality TV star goes a little something like "Drag Becomes Him" You're Welcome, Free on Youtube!

Thanks for the YouTube links @maryjaneholland . Jinkx was a great “baddie” in the DW show.
Nemo. To me comes across as a dynamic performer who professionally seemed to keep out the politics?
I also appreciated the (my words.) “flamingo grunge” attire on stage. Nemo, to me looked like they stumbled on stage & layed it out?
There was an old saying back in the day regarding “free speech” of bigots or racists? “Better to know who the bar stewards are.” I saw at least 3 other contestants fundamentally and publicly express disrespect. Bullies who hasn’t escaped my eye.

Thread closed for any further replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back