Eurovision 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryjaneholland

Loreen! Joanna Lumley! UK Entry Olly Alexander! Eurovision Grand Final 2024 Live from Malmo Sweden from 8pm onwards on BBC One, iPlayer, Radio 2, BBC Sounds and on catch-up! Dizzy!

Eurovision Official Youtube Channel

UK Entry Olly Alexander

Good Luck to all contestants from European nations for this year's Eurovision Song Contest!

Not on my TV! 😛

Just to point out, Joost Klein was not disqualified for voicing opinions....but for aggression towards female camera crewmember

Dutch broadcaster AVROTROS, one of dozens of public broadcasters that collectively fund and broadcast the contest, said that as Klein came offstage after Thursday's semifinal he was filmed without his consent and in turn made a “threatening movement” toward the camera.

*hits play on Netflix 3 body problem*
Yer on yer own olly, I never watch that show 😛

I haven't watched Eurovision since the 70s. It seems a shame though it has marred by all this controversy though as I know lot of people do enjoy it.

Good luck to Olly Alexander. Personally I don't care what the sexuality of the competitors is. It is the song and the performance that counts.

I haven't watched Eurovision since the 70s. It seems a shame though it has marred by all this controversy though as I know lot of people do enjoy it.

Good luck to Olly Alexander. Personally I don't care what the sexuality of the competitors is. It is the song and the performance that counts.
Can't say I've been impressed with any of the performances, I dread to thing what the ones who didn't reach the final were like.
Must just be getting old.

@s'nic, Eurovision has been like "Gay Christmas" for LGBTQIA+ Communities since it began decades ago, did you know there are Eurovision Final screening parties and celebrations taking place in gay bars and LGBTQIA+ venues all over Europe, including the UK? And who do you think does all the hair make-up costumes photography and theatrical set designs on display for all the Eurovision performances and press conferences and photoshoots?? Yes, it's The Gays, you're welcome 😉

I never watch eurovision. I am currently enjoying 3 body problem

Well done Nemo from Switzerland, Winner of Eurovision Final 2024!

More beautiful Nemo thirst trap...
Commiserations to UK Entry Olly Alexander, always loved Years & Years, and your amazing voice, and gender fluid style as gay man with healthy mix of masculine and feminine sides!

Cue the tabloid gutter press homphobic transphobic punching down comments about "Swiss boy in skirt wins Eurovision! Politically correct wokery gone too far! Undeserving cross-dresser cheated to win using their feminine wiles like dirty stripper pole dancing!"...

And someone really needs to put across this "people are people" concept to all the major organised religions, as the Pope regards all trans people as abominations affronts to God living with mutilated bodies having no dignity and no respect, and the Anglican Church condemns all LGBTQIA+ people to Hell and will never allow same-gender weddings in their Churches, so yeah please think twice and actually listen to minority groups before proclaiming arrogantly that "everyone is the same, people are people, sexual orientation doesn't matter" because it does matter enough to not have full legal equality in the UK thanks! 😉

Gutter press sums it up Maryjane. I have no patience with our media at all. With everything going on in the world you would think they would find something else to talk about. Pathetic.

I didn't watch Eurovision but have no problem with the winner from Switzerland no matter what gender identity they are

Can't say I've been impressed with any of the performances, I dread to thing what the ones who didn't reach the final were like.
Must just be getting old.
I think "getting older" sums it up for me too. I don't take much notice of modern music, films, TV. I am all 60s and 70s personally. One of my friends thinks I "live in the past." Fine. I am not telling anyone else to do it.

I don't have a TV, so don't watch it. Did we come last as usual?

I was brought up on 1960's and 1970's music and pop culture as child of the 1980's from my parents and extended family, so I clocked many references to yesteryear throughout the EV Grand Final, from the old show clips, to the ABBA medley, Loreen serving HR Giger REALNESS (!!) to the more traditional operatic numbers and retro fashions, Darling, it's all been done before, gold lame disco catsuits, flares, giant shoulder pads, tulle eleganza extravaganza ruffled fantasies, oversized jewellery, goths and denim-on-denim outfits, camp fun!

@Satan’s little helper Yes The Witches were representing this year! I read that one of the Norway EBU Representatives dramatically quit at the last minute in protest about the Middle East Conflict (not getting into all that as I don't know enough, aside from human rights abuses and worst of humanity shaming us on all sides of all the boundary lines...), so just like Netherlands, Ireland and UK, the EBU cogs were turned to remain neutral of all politics, but love those costume changes, like Stevie Nicks meets Fever Ray all Scandi forests, wolf skins and drinking the blood of brothers, wonderful!

What did you think of the Slovenian Witch Raiven singing about Veronika who was drowned as Witch? You better werk, Witch ha ha ha...

And Bambie Thug can really sing and self-identifies as non-binary wearing skimpy costume which displayed the Transgender Flag (as an umbrella term) and wanted to display the words "ceasefire" and "peace" on their body or outfit or screen during their performance, but was censored by the EBU, pushing all the buttons at once as terrifying yet beautiful Gothic Deity with supernatural powers, Slay Qween! (Is that Conchita Wurst playing demon in the background ha?!)
Summer of love, arse end of the 60s for me. Remember seeing EV stuff in the 1970s. I had an uncle who was well into ABBA. It has become an event for my lot. (bear in mind we are essentially “metal heads.”)
I have no problem with protest songs. However, I do feel artists should just stick to putting on their show & kick personal views to the kerb outside the music.
My mate quite often wears a black tee with the Eurovision logo in white? We feel a good tune is a good tune.
We were more taken by this outfit doing a cross twix Rammstein with a catch Bon Jovi universal sing along on the chorus with the woooo whoooooos?

& who can forget this classic.

In 2020 we had no Eurovision. But this movie on Netflix more than made up for it. Classic tale of an “underdog” fight.

You don't need a TV to watch iPlayer.
You need a tv licence though don’t you? Which you’re unlikely to have if you don’t have a tv.

You need a tv licence though don’t you? Which you’re unlikely to have if you don’t have a tv.
Exactly Lucy!

Lost interest in Eurovision half-a-lifetime ago and have only seen snippets over last 20 years. I watched the Swiss and UK entries yesterday evening. Neither are songs to my liking.

[

@Satan’s little helper If you can do the dance steps to Rim Tim Tagi Dim, you are welcome at every gay bar and nightclub in Europe, it's like this year's "Cha Cha" from Kaarija, ha! Yes I really appreciate the weird dark underbelly of EV, like Ireland clearly so desperate to qualify they pitched Witch Bambie Thug, so if in doubt, freak them out! Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams are perfect in "The Story of Fire Saga", you have made me put this on to watch as it's such hilarious rollercoaster ride, ridiculous costume changes, the bouffant wigs, the giant hamster wheel, and all the incestuous EV celeb parties, fabulous, queers can definitely laugh at ourselves on-screen! What do you think happened with Norway coming last as you posted their live video? Stevie Nicks called, she's pissed and she wants her entire act back from Gate, or she'll sue, or in "gay terminology" ahem, that B*tch stole my look and I have receipts! *Whack*

I have to say Loreen has punk rock metal energy and I'm convinced she was channelling all the perverse darkness of HR Giger's twisted imagination in her empowering post-apocalyptic sci-fi alienist futuristic cinematic take on her EV winning song "Forever" and I will leave your imagination to join the dots as it got past the censors on the live broadcast, those are abdominal muscles not body paint as Loreen is Warrior (and Bisexual, which makes us love her more!)...
Bambi’s track was a “grower” for me. First listen & I thought there were elements of the Napoleon XIV, “coming to take me away?” With touches from Hideo Nikita’s “The ring” movie. Loreen’s set & costume, I can see more a nod to Fritz Lang with Metropolis. Great vocalist with music more in the style of “uphoric rave?”
I didn’t expect Norway to win. It’s just great to see rock & folk fusion acts represented. 🙂

@Satan’s little helper how's your hangover? There's something in the water in San Marino, they like to party and rock and ironically reject "art by committee" with middle fingers, another coded message to the EBU?!
Whops, missed this post. Had some stuff to do in the garden & worked it off in the heat. Oddly. My sensor suggested it was “too cold” to read?
San Marino? They rocked. Reminded me of the band “Republica.” Which pulled up some alternative rock club anthems, back in the “day.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back