Empagliflozin

Hightonel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all.
My gp counselled me on empagliflozin which has been great. I appreciate the urinary effects it can have. But lately I've not been able to control my bladder.
Any tips? Xx

Hi all.
My gp counselled me on empagliflozin which has been great. I appreciate the urinary effects it can have. But lately I've not been able to control my bladder.
Any tips? Xx
Is this something new since starting on the medication. During the day or at night? It could be a UTI or if as instructed you are drinking plenty you would expect to have to make more frequent loo visits.
Certainly something to speak to the pharmacist or GP about.

Sorry to hear you’ve had some bladder issues of late @Hightonel

Like @Leadinglights says, perhaps it would be worth chatting to your GP, or a qualified pharmacist at the chemists that is supplying the meds?

Thanks all. My gp did say urinary symptoms may happen such as thrush. I probably don’t help myself by taking a 1700ml bottle to work. But I need hydration but I don’t get increased thirst, perhaps that’s what is doing it. I will speak to the pharmacist though. Just feel silly not holding on for a wee then almost wetting myself. Very embarrassing.

Thanks all. My gp did say urinary symptoms may happen such as thrush. I probably don’t help myself by taking a 1700ml bottle to work. But I need hydration but I don’t get increased thirst, perhaps that’s what is doing it. I will speak to the pharmacist though. Just feel silly not holding on for a wee then almost wetting myself. Very embarrassing.
Yes what goes in has to come out. Maybe try some pelvic floor exercises.

Back