eh...Frozen shoulder??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayC

Hi
Is anybody suffering from frozen shoulder? I'm asking this because my physiotherapist says DM people are more likely to have frozen shoulder than non-DM people.

I'm suffering from this since last Christmas. Although severe pain has gone, I still can't move my left shoulder.

Kay🙂

Nope, I have a whole list of odd aches and pains, mostly in my left arm and left foot/ankle, but not a frozen shoulder. I can imagine it makes life really difficult for you. What's the doc going to do for you?

Hope the shoulder gets better. There have been a few people in the past posting about frozen shoulders. It passes with the help of pain killers and physiotherapy.

Ouch sounds painful i have never experienced it myself but hope it gets better soon i can imagine it can be quite dibililating on every day things you do.

Hi
Is anybody suffering from frozen shoulder? I'm asking this because my physiotherapist says DM people are more likely to have frozen shoulder than non-DM people.

I'm suffering from this since last Christmas. Although severe pain has gone, I still can't move my left shoulder.

Kay🙂

Hi KayC, Yes I suffer from a frozen left shoulder. I have had it for years, I went to my doctor because I could hardly raise my left arm. He gave me a quarterzone injection( not recomended!) but I went for physio at my local hospital and had exercises to do at home. I can now lift my arm up much further, nearly as high as the right arm. Physio worked for me, it was fantastic, I hope you get some help for it, as I know what you are going through. best wishes Sheena

I had one a few years ago. It lasted about a year all told and I needed help getting a coat on or off.
I was told it's more common in diabetics but they weren't sure why. Nor did they know exactly what causes it. All in all, they were a bit vague ! 🙄

It is awful I know and hope it fades away very soon. My shoulder is now fully recovered so rest assured you won't be bad forever.

Rob

My father (t2 as well) was diagnosed a couple of years ago and I was diagnosed in March/April this year. I was lucky as mine was caught early enough and with painkillers and intensive physio I now have almost a full range of movement again...

I am with Rob on this one, did get one, physio didnt know why or what to do about it, but gave me some exercises just involving stretching and said it should pass in time.

They said then diabetics are more prone but he thought T1 wheras I am T2 but it went away in a couple of months and no problems for past 3 years or so. I did wonder if I have been sitting and using PC incorrectly or in the same pose for too long.

Hope it improves for you

Cheers
Malc

Hi, my right arm was frozen about 5 years ago. Couldn't lift my arm to dress my self, brush my hair and towards the end I couldn't even move my arm away from my body to shower properly. life was difficult. I had physio for many weeks but alas it didn't really help and I ended up having an operation to release it and then further intensive physio and then ended up having manipulation under anaesthetic. It came good in the end, though I now fear its starting in my left shoulder too. I'm getting to the docs early this time and hopefully it will be sorted without so much intervention.

Nope, I have a whole list of odd aches and pains, mostly in my left arm and left foot/ankle, but not a frozen shoulder. I can imagine it makes life really difficult for you. What's the doc going to do for you?

Hi Alison
Hope your aches and pains are OK now.
The doctor just gave me steroid injection to kill pain and I'm waiting for it to work on me.

Hi Caroline,

There have been a few people in the past posting about frozen shoulders.
Oh I didn't know that. I will dig up old threads then. Thanks for info!

Hi Steffie
i can imagine it can be quite dibililating on every day things you do.
My bra has to be done up in front first and turned around....Washing in the shower takes ages....It affects my handwriting, too, although frozen shoulder is on left and I'm right handed !

Hi KayC, Yes I suffer from a frozen left shoulder. I have had it for years, I went to my doctor because I could hardly raise my left arm. He gave me a quarterzone injection( not recomended!) but I went for physio at my local hospital and had exercises to do at home. I can now lift my arm up much further, nearly as high as the right arm. Physio worked for me, it was fantastic, I hope you get some help for it, as I know what you are going through. best wishes Sheena
Hi Sheena
Oooooo you have this too...but getting better......That's great!
What is a quarterzone injection?
Is it a kind of painkiller?
Why it's not recommended????

I had one a few years ago. It lasted about a year all told and I needed help getting a coat on or off.
I was told it's more common in diabetics but they weren't sure why. Nor did they know exactly what causes it. All in all, they were a bit vague ! 🙄

It is awful I know and hope it fades away very soon. My shoulder is now fully recovered so rest assured you won't be bad forever.

Rob

Hi Rob
It's great you are fully recovered!!
I was first diagnosed with T1 and the diabetes doctor put me on insulin straightaway. Strangely, the severe pain on my shoulder disappeared over night with the insulin treatment! The doctor said it shouldn't be because of the insulin....But it was obvious to me.....

Hi Cazscot
I was lucky as mine was caught early enough and with painkillers and intensive physio I now have almost a full range of movement again...

Hi Cazscot
Lucky you ! When I first noticed the pain in my shoulder, I stupidly ignored it. I knew I had streched the muscle around the shoulder while exercising, but I thought 'No pain no gain!'

They said then diabetics are more prone but he thought T1 wheras I am T2 but it went away in a couple of months and no problems for past 3 years or so. I did wonder if I have been sitting and using PC incorrectly or in the same pose for too long.

Malc
Hi Malc
First I was diagnosed with T1 then diagnosis changed to T2....
I think you were sort of lucky because you could get rid of frozen shoulder in such a short time. I heard that it could take 6 months to 2 years!

I had physio for many weeks but alas it didn't really help and I ended up having an operation to release it and then further intensive physio and then ended up having manipulation under anaesthetic. It came good in the end, though I now fear its starting in my left shoulder too.

Hi Rainbow
Oooooo operation??? Manipulation under anaesthetic????😱
urgh I don't want that......Anyway, it's good that it worked for you.....
I feel exactly same, I'm scared that my right shoulder might get frozen, too!

had to go to the docs last week after more than a month with pain im my shoulder, [thought it was just a pulled muscle that would go away in a few weeks lol], got that bad i could`nt sleep as i kept turning over onto it ,sent me for x-rays will find out in the next few days what what i hope ,
my wife says its spondelitis i think thats how you spell it she had it a few years ago lol

Hi guys. Just wondering if you could describe how frozen shoulder starts out? I keep getting what feels like a pulled muscle in my upper arm and have trouble getting dressed when it happens, so i'm a bit worried. Hoping it's just because I sleep in funny positions!

had to go to the docs last week after more than a month with pain im my shoulder, [thought it was just a pulled muscle that would go away in a few weeks lol], got that bad i could`nt sleep as i kept turning over onto it ,sent me for x-rays will find out in the next few days what what i hope ,
my wife says its spondelitis i think thats how you spell it she had it a few years ago lol
Hi Williammcd
I had my shoulder x-rayed too. If yours is a frozen shoulder, they won't find anything wrong at xray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back