Eggs how many

Laconic

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’m doing 5 a day at the moment for a physically demanding job, is anyone doing more and what sort of work do they do?

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I haven’t had a boiled egg for around 20 yrs, I have a couple of hard boiled eggs a year but I love scrambled eggs and have them regularly .

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have a love hate relationship with eggs will eat alot for a week or tho then avoid like the plague.

Lucylemonpip

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I generally have two a day, as scrambled eggs, most lunchtimes, along with some bacon.

PaulG

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I sometimes make a 5 egg omelette.

I separate yokes & whites, whisk the whites till almost stiff, fold the yokes back in and into the pan.
Once the bottom is sealed pop in some filling. Pre fried little bits of bacon are good, or cheese & toms.
Fold in half using two spatulas.

Its a competition to see how big I can get them, and how thick. I have extra capacity with my oval plate
but I have reached the limit with the frying pan. Need a bigger one. ;)

As I watch my weight I feel it's psychological, the bigger it looks the more full I feel. Its still only 5 medium eggs.

I signed this one with ketchup. :)
Paul G

5eggs.jpg

LizzieLou

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I hard boil 6-10 eggs at the weekend then have 1-2 boiled eggs for lunch each day

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We have boiled eggs on every Saturday morning and in a Friday Fridge Frittata, so two or three a week.

Lucylemonpip

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Scrambled eggs - eggs beaten with some pepper and a bit of double cream, before popping in the saucepan, with a bit of butter, comes out very yummy.

Annette&Bertie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I love eggs and eat a lot. I have never come up with an accurate figure of how many a week. I find food wise quite difficult as I never eat, red meat, pork, lamb etc since the age of 5. I mainly eat shellfish and chicken. However, I can get very bored, and that is when I jump to carbs for satisfaction then suffer as a result. If anyone has advice please push it my way, thanks:(;):mad:

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I sit around doing practically nothing all day every day and I eat loads of eggs.
I use them in cake recipes and I eat them fried, boiled, scrambled, poached, troubled, quiches etc etc I have fresh eggs and I have powdered eggs which I use in cake recipes and quiches.

Healthwise my cholesterol levels have never been as good and same goes for my weight and blood pressure. I am on a keto regimen and have been for over a year.

Annette&Bertie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
maybe I'll try keto, have heard a lot about it.

MikeTurin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I prefer them either à la coque or bull's eye and and i eat them three or four times a week.
I don't like hardboiled eggs, especially the overcooked ones with the yolk turned green.

Cazzablanca

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I prefer them either à la coque or bull's eye and and i eat them three or four times a week.
I don't like hardboiled eggs, especially the overcooked ones with the yolk turned green.
Just as an aside in case anyone isn't aware you stop them from going green by plunging them into cold water as soon as they have finished boiling time.