Easter Is Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't have jelly babies (or chicks) as a hypo treatment because I would eat them all. They're too nice! I will stick with glucose tablets.

Luckily I no longer crave chocolate but hot cross bins I have to be dragged away from lol
I am planning on perfecting a low carb hot cross bun, which can be toasted, and buttered.

I think I may have a go at making my own chocolate from raw material, er, ingredients and then forming itbinto an egg shaped thing. Could be fun, and, or, very messy. Yesss!

I am planning on perfecting a low carb hot cross bun, which can be toasted, and buttered.
Will it have a cross (and will it be hot)?
I have a (non-low-carb) recipe which I follow some years but have given up with the cross and sometimes let them get cold. My partner tells me they are just "Buns" if they are cold and uncrossed.

@helli - well ok call em fruit buns if you want to - however as far as I'm concerned they'll be teacakes, which always had to be served toasted and buttered. ie you never requested a teacake, only ever a toasted teacake which in cafes you only got one individual packet of butter to spread on, not one for each half. Philistines!

I bake the buns in a dish with an X cut into them to divide them into quarters - four for the gospel makers.

So…do you just scoff your Easter eggs at any old time of day or night? Or do you take a more measured approach? end of a meal?
At Christmas I really struggled with chocolates and having to take insulin with them, it sort of spoiled it so I pretty much ended up ignoring them, which was VERY difficult! As this is my first Easter I don’t want to miss out! But I don’t know how to approach it.
So how do all you wise and knowledgeable and experienced people do it?

So…do you just scoff your Easter eggs at any old time of day or night? Or do you take a more measured approach? end of a meal?
At Christmas I really struggled with chocolates and having to take insulin with them, it sort of spoiled it so I pretty much ended up ignoring them, which was VERY difficult! As this is my first Easter I don’t want to miss out! But I don’t know how to approach it.
So how do all you wise and knowledgeable and experienced people do it?
Before the pump i really had to plan my chocolate eating and I wouldn’t ever just inject for chocolate. I got my pump in early March last year and wow did I enjoy Easter for the first time in 18 years, my chocolate intake definitely increased. Oops! But wow what an improvement in quality of life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back