Easter eggs and pre diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
am lucky i suppose because Chocolate doesn't effect me, ive already had a few eggs

No egg for me, I'd want to eat the lot

I usually buy myself a nice one, higher quality chocolate but smaller for a similar price to the ones I'm getting for kids. (I say I buy but this year tbh I have only got one for me with the money my mum sent for Easter eggs for us, and not bought myself one). Df's mum has also given us Easter choc - lindt bunnies for the kids, a bag of mini dark Ferrero choc eggs for me and a dairy free egg for df. So I'll have a little more than I had planned but will try to eek it out not have it all at once. Nice dark (or dark milk) chocolate does tend to be my most frequent treat so I know that I can get away with a bit of chocolate if I watch the rest of my carbs

Cacao Nibs - whole cocoa beans roasted and chopped, reputable suppliers will not add any other ingredient, so low sugar lower carb (don't know exact numbers, but it grows as bean?), high caffeine, with all the flavour profiles and protein and minerals and feeling good chemicals you get from chocolate confectionery, mainly found in health shops and vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free/baking sections of supermarkets and via online stores 😉

Forgot to add chocolate confectionery is triple threat to me, my entire life too much cocoa brings on migraine headache without fail inherited genetically from my Grandmother, so always had to look for alternatives and now with all my physical health issues, I can honestly say there's no cocoa or chocolate in my home at all, so with useful link...

Cacao Nibs - there are many varieties and brands available, but nibs are the most unrefined, and there is one brand Naturya which is available in supermarkets, organic and fairtrade so cocoa farmers are getting better deal, unrefined cacao is around 15% carbs, 56% fats, high in fibre, protein, minerals and feel good chemical compounds like flavonols, shop around as bulk sizes work out cheaper if you are baking and switching away from refined foods 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back