Early morning nausea

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonH61

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good evening hope you are all as well as you can be I have diet controlled type 2 diabetes. Almost every morning I wake up with the most horrible nausea, if I didn’t know better I would think it was morning sickness could this be related to my diabetes? Does anyone else experience this?

It can if blood sugar is high. But I think it has to be very high to make you feel sick.

Do you know what your blood sugar levels are when you feel sick?

If your levels are not exceptionally high in the mornings (and it would be odd for them to be high enough to make you feel sick in the mornings if your diabetes is otherwise under control and you don't feel sick all the rest of the time) then it is unlikely to be diabetes.

(If you don't have a meter to test your blood sugar levels then it's worth getting one, there's advice about what to get on this thread - https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/board...for-people-new-to-diabetes.10406/#post-938458 )

It might be wise to talk to a doctor and get a general health check - but if you have done that and eliminated other possible causes, the thing I wondered is whether it might be a food intolerance. I used to feel sick every morning for about two years - eventually worked out that it was the orange juice I was drinking every evening - have since discovered I have a sulphite allergy and can't tolerate citrus at all as it's high in sulphites.

If you are on any non-diabetes meds, you might also want to check nausea isn't listed as one of the side effects.

Sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing nausea in the mornings @SharonH61

It’s not something I here being reported often, so it does sound like something it would be good to get checked out.

Hope you can find a way of alleviating the symptoms. Nausea is no fun. :(

It happens with me from time to time but there’s no apparent correlation with BG levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back