DSN appointment tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all im off for my follow up appointment tomorrow to see my DSN at 14.00, I was wondering if i should mention to her about my nerves and depression or should i make a seperate appointment and see my GP??
I do hope as well since i saw her in May that she has sorted out a course she did say she would get me on it so hopefully i will find out from her, im not to sure if you hear by post or not .

Hi all im off for my follow up appointment tomorrow to see my DSN at 14.00, I was wondering if i should mention to her about my nerves and depression or should i make a seperate appointment and see my GP??
I do hope as well since i saw her in May that she has sorted out a course she did say she would get me on it so hopefully i will find out from her, im not to sure if you hear by post or not .

Hi Steff...

Good luck with your follow up appointment tomorrow....you've been doing a great job..be chuffed with yourself hun..🙂

I would mention the depression and that to your DSN...she may be able to help, and I think she would like to know how you are feeling in all ways...you can still also make an appointment with your GP as well.

Let us all know how you get on..🙂

Heidi
xx🙂

Hi Steff...

Good luck with your follow up appointment tomorrow....you've been doing a great job..be chuffed with yourself hun..🙂

I would mention the depression and that to your DSN...she may be able to help, and I think she would like to know how you are feeling in all ways...you can still also make an appointment with your GP as well.

Let us all know how you get on..🙂

Heidi
xx🙂
thanks hun i do think i should if im honest as the depression is my diabetes if you get me lol , I shall let you know sometime tomorrow evening x

Yes steff, definitely tell her how you have been feeling and try to be very honest. She will have experience of many people with diabetes and it is common to feel depressed from time to time with a chronic condition like this. I hope it goes well.🙂

Hi Stef, good luck with the appointment tomorrow. My DSN always asked me IF I was depressed so I think it's something you could quite easily bring up with her. I'm sure she won't be a bit surprised.

I'm off for my HbA1C blood test tomorrow - I know I shan't be able to beat Northerner's recent result but I'm hoping for a reasonable level, but I won't find out my result until my Consultant's appointment on the 3rd August. I know I haven't been as good as I should have just recently but I seem to have lost the will to control myself every day and I think I shall get my wrists smacked and sent to bed without cake/chockky etc.

Pl let us know how you get on tomorrow. Hugs, Faith

ty guys

good luck tomorrow with hbA faith x

Hi Steff, hope that your apt goes well, yes mention nerves etc,.

When i had depression i did go to councelling witch was 1000 times more helpful than pills!

Keep well

Julie x

Hi Steff hope it's goes smoothly the morrow, I'm seeing nursey then too, not till 16:00 mind, if they don't forget me that is!! I've written a long list of Q's for her, it'll be like mastermind!!

Anyway goodluck.

Hi Steph,
Yes tell her everything your feeling. Councelling can help and i am sure she will refer you if you want her to. Good luck - let us know how things go!🙂Bev x

Hello Stef, good luck with your appointment, as others have said, definately mention the depression, as im sure it is connected. I too have been on the low side lately and it is definately the diabetes! xxxxx:(

To aid internet searching (not to criticise spelling!) - it's counselling, not councelling.

To aid internet searching (not to criticise spelling!) - it's counselling, not councelling.

oh thanks, i ALWAYS forgot how to spell it... i noticed that i had also put witch rather than which and that really annoys me lol
Julie x

Good luck today steff x

oh thanks, i ALWAYS forgot how to spell it... i noticed that i had also put witch rather than which and that really annoys me lol
Julie x

Good luck today steff x

I thought it was funny! I imagined some old hag with a broomstick hunched over a bubbling pot of frogs and 'eye of newt'!:D😉

Good luck Steff let us know how it goes.

Faith- why don't you ring up for the result before your appointment?

Good luck Steph.

I know I'm a newbie but I would tell them how you are feeling mentally as well as physicaly as it is all to do with the diabetes.

Thanks also for all the support you give everyone else on here.

Cheers

Chris

How'd it go Steph?

Hope the DSN was helpful!

Twitchy

hi all well got back about 3 all good she was so happy about my reduction in hbA, we spoke about a course called x-pert i dont know if any one else is aware of it?? but i am going on that in september, We spoke about me going on a thing called bienna if thats how it is spelt it is not insulin but it is injected she said to me she has a patcient whoe takes this it does not just help with the diabetes but with the weight as well and the lady that takes it is alot happier in h erself and losing weight, only snag is she said the GP,s are wary of handing it out cause it is not a cheap route as the dn put it so she will write to him and send me a copy and a copy of the leaflet on bienna and take it from there, she weighed me and i have lost 5lb also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back