DSN appointment on Tuesday - questions to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. 🙂 The DSN was very happy with 6.5%. Just need to work it out in mmol now as its all changing in 2011. Anyone know the mathematical conversion? I've put the example %ages into Excel and compared the mmol equivalents and there's nothing common to them. :( What do I have to do to the %age to get the mmol? :confused:

Was very happy as well that everything else tested for was within range. 😎

Thread posted earlier this year.
Calcs and summary of changes listed in various parts:

http://www.diabetessupport.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?t=919

Hmm could do. I might just start walking around town. The DSN said 30 mins 5x a week. So I've got to think about where I can walk to for 15 minutes and then back! 😛

Have you thought about walking for 15 minutes on the way to work and back?

Good news about the test results Marc, and also that you should be getting better care in future🙂

Have you thought about walking for 15 minutes on the way to work and back?
One slightly major problem with that. I need a job to walk to! :D:(

Good news about the test results Marc, and also that you should be getting better care in future🙂
Ta. And yes. Will ring MK in a bit and ask them when I missed this so called appointment. And also where the other letter for another appointment is. Like I said, I'm 99% certain I never got a letter for the first appointment but 101% certain I didn't get either. I think someone has messed up at their end and I'm getting told off for missing the appointments I've no idea existed at all.

Well I rang the hospital and after becoming even more sure its their fault I didn't attend, I managed to get an appointment to see the Diabetes consultant doctor. Tomorrow! At 11.20am. :D Found a bus that can get me there on time so hopefully this is a good sign and I can try and find out why they think I'm missing appointments that I'm not aware of!

Glad to hear your appointment went well and congratulations on the fab A1c.

Good luck with the consultant appointment tommorrow, let us know how that one goes.

Glad to hear your appointment went well and congratulations on the fab A1c.
They took some blood today and reckon my HbA1c is 6.2%. :D

Good luck with the consultant appointment tommorrow, let us know how that one goes.
Went OK. Took weight and blood pressure. Blood pressure was better than I was expecting it to be. 🙂 Can't remember what it was last time but I reckon its lower.

Consultant was quite happy, reckons I'll have a diabetic retinopathy test in a year's time.

Told me to drop my Levemir from 12 to 10 as I mentioned I had a fair few hypos so I'm hoping dropping it a bit will eliminate a few hypos. 🙂

Good news.
Hope the dose change eliminates/reduces the hypos

Good news.
Hope the dose change eliminates/reduces the hypos
Cheers guv. 🙂 I just want fewer hypos, Mr Consultant wants to eliminate them all together. Which would be nice. Especially as I now carb count so I should be taking the right amount of insulin for my meals. So any hypos are either because of the weather, leaving meals for too long or possibly too much Levemir.

sounds like you've had a positive week!

I don't think eliminating them all together is very likely unless you start running higher. Poeple have different ideas but 1-2 mild per week is a number I have heard DSN's say is acceptable target.

How often will you be seen back at the hospital? Wonder if you can mix and match your diabetes care?

sounds like you've had a positive week!

I don't think eliminating them all together is very likely unless you start running higher. Poeple have different ideas but 1-2 mild per week is a number I have heard DSN's say is acceptable target.

How often will you be seen back at the hospital? Wonder if you can mix and match your diabetes care?
Aye not too bad.

I've had 7 hypos this month, ish. I only record the blood sugars at mealtimes and for my Levemir. So 7 hypos isn't too bad I suppose. Would like to reduce that as well as the severity of them. 🙂

The consultant said 6 months and I've got my DSN appointment at the surgery in 4 weeks. Now that Woolies are out of business I might be able to pick and mix my diabetes care! 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back