dreadful

Status
Not open for further replies.
This story has really depressed me. And frightened me STUPID. I will not sleep tonight now. The reason? Hypo whilst reading, it made me panic. I'm still panicing about it. I'm not going to sleep...

Hi Sam

What you have to remember is that this is so very very rare. It does happen but not often. It is hard to take in and I understand your fear completely. It is a different fear as I am not the one with diabetes but I fear for my child every day and night without fail, for the past 10 years since the day she was born (diagnosed aged 20 hours). You learn to live with it and whilst it is not ideal, you cope with the fear and it becomes a part of who you are.

You'll be ok Sam, you are doing so well at the moment, try and sleep and tomorrow is another day x

Hi Sam

What you have to remember is that this is so very very rare. It does happen but not often. It is hard to take in and I understand your fear completely. It is a different fear as I am not the one with diabetes but I fear for my child every day and night without fail, for the past 10 years since the day she was born (diagnosed aged 20 hours). You learn to live with it and whilst it is not ideal, you cope with the fear and it becomes a part of who you are.

You'll be ok Sam, you are doing so well at the moment, try and sleep and tomorrow is another day x

its a very very scary thought isn't it? :( I've never heard of anything like this before, in all my years with the D, so its a little bit of a shocker to see this D:

(p.s. had a really good couple of days btw, still hypoing a lot but no really high levels at the moment - i bet it all changes soon though ha! I did shoot up to like 17 last night though D🙂

It is absolutely terrifying and teams don't tell you which is ok but they do need to tell people how serious type 1 diabetes is and they don't even do that, some of the teams just sort of poo poo the idea that things can go wrong and dismiss it.

A DSN I know actually told a parent that it didn't matter that the school wouldn't test her 5 year old son's blood sugar levels all day at school and there was nothing she could do about it !!!

Luckly this woman knew me and things changed for her. But I get very angry about this.

Sorry forgot to say well done about the levels. Now you have them down you need to iron out the hypos. You will get the odd one as you are aiming for better tighter control that you had before and you will get the odd high, we all get both.

If you know why you had the hypos then you can do something but if you are not sure, just shout and a fresh pair of eyes may help a bit.

Take care🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back