Dr won't do blood test for diabetes update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep pretty much everything you could want in there, liver, kidneys, full bloods, ferritin, inflammation, diabetic checks, cholesterol, thyroid. Your having a full MOT there. Hopefully will put your mind at rest xx

"Yes, Ive been worried for years. But I feel like I'm wasting Drs time."

What? By expecting him to do his effing job? We pay trillions in taxes for the NHS, yet the British seem to be resigned to getting poor service and just putting up with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at that list it looks like you misunderstood him when you say he won’t test for diabetes.

Hope you get some reassurance from the results @Yumyum17 to put your mind at rest one way or the other.

Sometimes the not knowing, and anxiety about what might be is very difficult :(

So about a trillion every five years then.
That order of magnitude, yes. I don't think it would be astonishing if we spent a trillion over the next 5 years (adding in higher inflation and so on).

But I think 2020-2021 was £192 billion, and that was an expensive year for obvious reasons. So rather less than a trillion for the last 5 years.

Thank you, I thought so.

Everything in FBC is within the normal range which is good!

Hopefully won't have to wait too long for the other results to be available
Yes hba1c has always been reported independently of FBC for me. Typical for the one your waiting for to come last. Usually comes around the same time though so keep your eye on it and let us know xx

Yes hba1c has always been reported independently of FBC for me. Typical for the one your waiting for to come last. Usually comes around the same time though so keep your eye on it and let us know xx
Thank you so much.

My iron levels have shown up as low.

Does that have a link to diabetes?

Thank you so much.

My iron levels have shown up as low.

Does that have a link to diabetes?
Do you know how low? I suffer with anemia quite a lot too. Not something that points to diabetes but can falsely elevate an hba1c

Don't forget you are entitled to know your results, so don't be fobbed off with "normal". Ask for the actual numbers and write them down. The receptionist can't give them, but a nurse can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back