Dr Michael Mosley is Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he’s safe and well.

Hope he is found safe and well.

I heard this and the first thing I thought was, blimey, how do you get lost on Symi? I’ve been, and although it’s incredibly beautiful, it’s tiny! I do hope he’s just had a bit of a wobble and jumped on a ferrry back to Rhodes, and not anything more sinister.

His poor family...dreadful. I’m not a fan but I really hope he’s ok.

Heard that yesterday - hope he is found soon and no awful accident has befallen him on his solo hike.

Some years ago a friend of someone we know, our acquaintance Paul is a dedicated sportsman - running, cycling, climbing, iron man etc and there was an international off road running race taking place in Greece, part of which was on Symi. The friend disappeared. The path is prone to crumbling. His body wasn't found for FIVE years.

According to a report on TalkTV he was travelling back to where he was staying from a beach. The rest of the group was taking a boat but he decided to walk and then catch a bus. The walk was ~12km on quite a risky path and the assumption was that something had happened on that part of the journey. But there was a sighting (and apparently CCTV) of him at the bus stop, suggesting he'd completed the walk. So just more mystery. (Bus drivers are, of course, now being questioned.)

According to a report on TalkTV he was travelling back to where he was staying from a beach. The rest of the group was taking a boat but he decided to walk and then catch a bus. The walk was ~12km on quite a risky path and the assumption was that something had happened on that part of the journey. But there was a sighting (and apparently CCTV) of him at the bus stop, suggesting he'd completed the walk. So just more mystery. (Bus drivers are, of course, now being questioned.)

He didn’t get the bus and CCTV suggests he started to walk to Symi Town from Pedi but on a mountainous track rather than one of the quicker, more used routes. Presumably that’s where things potentially went wrong.

A friend is currently on Naxos. I have been WhatsApp'ing with him. He says the temperature is around the mid-30s. They went now as apparently the high 20s is more usual in early June. They avoid the heat of the day and would not go out walking in it. Does seem an odd decision by Michael Mosley.

I presume there was a long wait for the bus @MikeyBikey or it was full. He’d successfully walked the first bit so perhaps thought the final stretch would be of similar difficulty.

The Mayor of Symi has warned searchers that the area Dr Mosley maybe in is heavily populated with dangerous Snakes.

Last edited:
Reports coming in that they've found a body, but they haven't said it's him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back