down

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
ugh not really sure wat to do peoples i feel really down my blood sugers are really depressing me my antidepressents arnt working and not sure i can carry on i just want to feel and be normal again i'm so angry and i am looseing it and i dont want to please help

hugs aimmee i m feeling pretty much the same at the mo ...wanna come and hide in the cupboard with me ?:( sorry not much help 🙂

sounds like a good idea huni soirry your feeling crap

Sorry to hear you are both feeling so down. I hope you feel better soon. Quite a few people feel down from time to time. I'm sure someone will be along soon with some helpful ideas.

hey...no good ideas im afraid :( any room in that cupboard for me?

ugh not really sure wat to do peoples i feel really down my blood sugers are really depressing me my antidepressents arnt working and not sure i can carry on i just want to feel and be normal again i'm so angry and i am looseing it and i dont want to please help
Hi Aimee Sorry to hear you are not feeling so good, are you still in hospital? Do you have any support from family or friends? but don't worry, we are all here to help and give you support. Sheenax 🙂

I am feeling a lot better had a wee snooze and woke feeling refreshed xx plenty of room in the cupboard for anyone who wants to come in xx🙂

family kinda well umm long story hun sorry yes still in hospital and had enough

family kinda well umm long story hun sorry yes still in hospital and had enough

Dear Aimee Oh I do feel for you. could you talk to one of the nurses or someone in charge, it must be so lonely and upsetting, hope you can get through it. I'm always here,don't forget, there's always hope. best wishes Sheena xxx 🙂

ive tryed to talk but it doesnt really help i just had enough of everything sorry guys

hey amy im still in the cupboard ....pm me hunny if it will help xxx

Hi Aimee

How long have you been taking the anti depressants for? they can take up to 8 weeks to kick in... In the meantime i wish i could help, but alas all my attempts to cure the blues this far have failed...See you in the cupboard though...spent half an hour (ok maybe three quarters) on the phone to my mum tonight coz i'm angry with myself for having diabetes, basically...Hope it's a big cupboard

Rachel

dont worry its a very big cupboard xx aimmee are you ok hun?

Hi Aimee - sorry to hear you are feeling so rough at the moment. I have just had to increase my dose of antideps as they were not doing the trick. Would it be worth seeing your GP about it?

been on anti d for about 3months now only on 50mg tho they just not working i feel so down biggining to get sucidle again too i jujust duno wat to do sorry thaks for help

Been there, done that and have the scars (physical and mental) to prove it.
Unfortunately, there is nothing anyone can do or say to make things better instantly, but things WILL get better given time. In the meantime, there will be good days and bad days.
Have you been offered other talking treatments such as CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)? Your GP should be able to refer you on to some courses.
It's good that you can talk to someone (even via email and the web) rather than bottling things inside.
Also, talk to your GP about your medication. There are basically two types that can help and other than trying them, there is no way to know which will work. You may be able to get onto the other type if the ones you are taking don't work.

Aimee, please contact your GP right now. If the medication isn't working for you, it is crucial that you get it sorted quickly.

I have some experience of depression because of what my father went through. He needed a few changes of medication before he got control back (and he is much the better for it now, I can tell you).

Andy 🙂

hi aimee didnt you say you were still in Hospitial? is there anyone that you can talk to about this there ...im on 100mg of stertraline (like prozac)and find that keeps me gerneraly on the straight and narrow ...and then of course i have the cupboard ! keep us posted hunni xxx

hide3.gif

hi aimee didnt you say you were still in Hospitial? is there anyone that you can talk to about this there ...im on 100mg of stertraline (like prozac)and find that keeps me gerneraly on the straight and narrow ...and then of course i have the cupboard ! keep us posted hunni xxx

hide3.gif

Sorry, missed that you were still in hospital. 😱

In some ways (although you possibly don't believe it at the moment), that's probably the best thing until you're feeling better within yourself.

As AM64 says, try to talk to someone there. They are the only ones who can really help you at the moment.

But we're here for morale support too. 🙂

Good luck

Andy

had a moan at doc today and he has now puit me on 100mg of anti deps so i guess ill juat have to wait to see if it will work just like to say a huge thankyou to you all for your help and support it means alot talk soon aimee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back