Do NOT Open PM from Diabetic Chef !!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just checked and I have it too. Thanks for the warning. I will delete it now.

juliefoo, karen hughes, Robert Leslie Tongue, TMLS

These are the ones that got it sent to them aswell as me

I got the message as well, but it has also been forwarded to my e-mail address. I thought it suspect when I saw it. However, it did confirm to me that the reason I couldn't get on here was a telecoms problem and not a site outage.

I got this message too, but worked out how to delete it without opening. It may be useful should the mods on the forum explain to those who may not know, how to delete such messages safely.

Saw the PM earlier today but before I'd seen this thread. I PM'd Northerner about it. Guess he can ignore my PM now. :D

i recieved it didint open it though thanks for the advice everyone,

It's still going!! I just got one too- deleted it with out reading it.

I don't think you need to worry about actually opening it. It's just spam, but it can't contain a virus or anything because there's no attachment.

thanks becky i was worried about that x

hello,

Yeah the PM is just text - I should have said "don't click the web link inside the PM".

NiVZ

I don't think you need to worry about actually opening it. It's just spam, but it can't contain a virus or anything because there's no attachment.

That's not strictly true SH.
It is a simple matter to put the Virus in an embedded link. It has happened before on many forum's. Many members who click on the link if they have inadequate Virus Protection can fall foul of such things. That is why some forum's do not allow clickable links to be posted on the boards etc.

Just a word to the wise !

Dave

That's not strictly true SH.
It is a simple matter to put the Virus in an embedded link. It has happened before on many forum's. Many members who click on the link if they have inadequate Virus Protection can fall foul of such things. That is why some forum's do not allow clickable links to be posted on the boards etc.

Just a word to the wise !

Dave

Fair enough. But surely it's a problem only if you click on the link, rather than open the PM itself? :confused:

I opened the PM but didn't click on the link and then got rid of it, but today whilst I was on here I got a message from my anti-virus software saying it had blocked a medium level threat - it makes me scared when things like this happen.

when the diabetic chef person registered they had to give details maybe we should all bombard him/her with the DiDkA Logo !!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back