DN appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a letter when it’s due. Have to ring to get bloods done then HCA makes an appointment for a phone call from the DSN! I haven’t seen one in real life since May 2019.
How do they check your feet if you don't have a face-to-face appointment 🙂

How do they check your feet if you don't have a face-to-face appointment 🙂
You’d be surprised what they can do… for the last 5+ years my foot check hasn’t involved taking off my socks and shoes, or even asking whether I still have feet. All marked down as foot checks completed with low risk on the system though! This year was the first time I had had a foot check that involved looking at my feet in many years.

You’d be surprised what they can do… for the last 5+ years my foot check hasn’t involved taking off my socks and shoes, or even asking whether I still have feet. All marked down as foot checks completed with low risk on the system though! This year was the first time I had had a foot check that involved looking at my feet in many years.
Thats awful! I am really shocked and realise how lucky I am with my own appointments and DN.

The instant pots are much more finely processed and hit your blood sugar much faster, so I’d guess they don’t take as long to digest. You’re better getting the jumbo oats than instant pots
Yep - here’s the results of a porridge pot for breakfast today! Bolus insulin didn’t stand a chance even giving it a 20 minute head start!

ADC7A125-0F49-4680-B23C-FBA5DE70C1F6.jpeg

Yep - here’s the results of a porridge pot for breakfast today! Bolus insulin didn’t stand a chance even giving it a 20 minute head start!

View attachment 23005
You have my sympathies. I need 40-45 mins head start for my insulin on a morning even for yoghurt, a few berries and seeds. I gave up on porridge as even jumbo oats hit my blood stream far too fast. Someone forgot to give my digestive system the instruction to go steady on low GI foods. 🙄

@rebrascora - I’m starting to think about giving up on porridge too which is a real shame as I like it for breakfast, but my body obviously instantaneously converts it to glucose! I’ll have to try something else.

I guess if you haven't heard anything, prod them a bit... 😉

I think that’s what I’d do @Jenny65

Leave it for a while… then if you haven’t heard anything, and the timing around your blood checks is convenient, give them a call to chase it up 🙂

It is so different around the country. I was diagnosed in May this year with 85. Saw the nurse in August - new blood test said 50. She was pleased & said they don't want to see me until May next year!

Your lucky, here it’s a week at least and then then ring to book you in.
Unlikely it takes that long for results to come back - the normal way of labs giving GP surgeries test results these days is electronically. Of course - it might take the surgery a week to look at the test result - but that's a different issue.

Unlikely it takes that long for results to come back - the normal way of labs giving GP surgeries test results these days is electronically. Of course - it might take the surgery a week to look at the test result - but that's a different issue.
It’s usually the blood count that takes the time, usually last one that comes back is the ferritin result, I might be having more tests though as I have bariatric bloods needed at the same time. Either way the secretary doesn’t contact until she has everything back for the appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back