DLA .. Tribunal Outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
something on radio 2 at the mo, about MP's trying to make it easier for carers and the like to get what they deserve. As they say the current system is making people jump through unnessecery hoops! Lets hope the system does become easier and fairer!

Hi Ross ..

Yes its Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 ... carers allowance and DLA ... Bev has just give me a ring about it ... I'm tuned in ...🙂

Heidi
xx🙂

Hi All ...

I noticed the question on the time scale of the award ... as stated it will be till the day before Nathan's 16th Birthday ... I will however be entitled to claim again ... some children are entitled to certain DLA .. up until 17 or 18 .. again depending on circumstances etc ... and again not all children will receive it .

Heidi
xx🙂

I also think that this is highly relevant as by that time children will be staying in school until they are 18 unlike now when they can leave at 16 which in theory deems them an adult (although we all know differently!)

Hi All ..

RE: Radio 2 programme

Its just mentioned .... under lying entitlement of carers allowance .. can anyone clarify what this is??? ... It was in reference as regards to peple who are already in receipt of state benefits bot been able to claim carers allowance as it is classed as an income.

Heidi
xx🙂

I also think that this is highly relevant as by that time children will be staying in school until they are 18 unlike now when they can leave at 16 which in theory deems them an adult (although we all know differently!)

Its interesting what one body classes as an adult at 16 the same government body classes 18 as an adult ... that gives you the right to vote ....

Personally I think the whole system needs a dramatic overhaul :D .. I have been made aware alcoholics are entitled to DLA .... With out wanting to start a massive debate on that route .. and yes it is an illness ... but a self inflicted one .. sorry I do not want to cause offense or upset anyone with that remark .. but thats my opinion ...

Heidi
xx🙂

Its interesting what one body classes as an adult at 16 the same government body classes 18 as an adult ... that gives you the right to vote ....

Personally I think the whole system needs a dramatic overhaul :D .. I have been made aware alcoholics are entitled to DLA .... With out wanting to start a massive debate on that route .. and yes it is an illness ... but a self inflicted one .. sorry I do not want to cause offense or upset anyone with that remark .. but thats my opinion ...

Heidi
xx🙂

I totally agree with you on this >>> I know of at least one Alcoholic ,who was on Incapacity Benefit for years then went onto DLA as he then needed help to manage around the house and was so out of it he needed his partner to look after him , I dont know if he had any physical problems but he always looked able bodied staggering to and from the pub !🙄>> self inflicted in my opinion 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back