Disposal of used insulin pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put mine (Tresiba and Fiasp) in the bin but I wonder if the plastic lids could at least be recycled.

My plastic lids go into a separate container for recycling as does all my plastic items what I throw away.

I put mine (Tresiba and Fiasp) in the bin but I wonder if the plastic lids could at least be recycled.
Definitely, keep your sharps box for sharps and minimise the amount of other item and plastics you place in it.
This will mean your sharp box lasts longer, needs collecting less often, saves NHS money on the boxes and your council money for the collection and allows at least some parts to be recycled.

The sharps bin has a part that is for unscrewing the needle from the pen, so that you don’t need to put the cap back on if you’re at home.

Definitely, keep your sharps box for sharps and minimise the amount of other item and plastics you place in it.
This will mean your sharp box lasts longer, needs collecting less often, saves NHS money on the boxes and your council money for the collection and allows at least some parts to be recycled.

"Collecting"?

I have to take mine to a Health Centre a couple of miles away and they give me a new one (sometimes rather grudgingly).

I use to be given the small sharps box but because I was told to put the Trulicity pen in the box and not in the General Rubbish the small sharps box used to fill up really quick. So they have now given me the tall sharps boxes I have to take my full sharps boxes to my central Medical centre who then give me a fresh one every time. I am having an injection at 11:30 this morning and I am not looking forward to it as this one is a painful one to have it's my Cancer Injection I won't be doing much today apart from sleeping as it makes me very tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back