Disastrous day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I don't usually post this late but just returned from 12 hours in A & E after falling of a step ladder. I have torn the tendon in my knee, the one that joins the patella to the tibia and broken a bit of bone off.
I will need surgery to repair it but have been sent home with a leg brace and crutches. Not too painful now if I keep it straight, going to the loo is going to be challenging.
What a stupid accident

Oh crap! Get better soon.

Oh dear! That sounds really painful. I’m sure you’ll find a way to go to the loo, we do adapt when needed. I hope you have a decent sized bathroom or you’re a short a**e like me!
Here’s to a speedy recovery and send someone else up the step ladder next time! Big hugs.

Ouch. Sorry to hear this. Ladders can be very dangerous. I am very nervous using them. I hope you can get your knee sorted. May take some time though. All the best.

Oh no! These things happen in a moment. I hope you get patched up quickly, and get on the road to recovery.

So sorry to hear - accidents just take a second! On a practical note, when I was on crutches, I used to carry what I needed in a rucksack on my front. Your wallet and diabetic kit, a thermos of hot drink and an empty mug, or a wrapped sandwich and clean plate - you get the idea. Best wishes.

Oh dear, not good. Hope all goes well in your recovery and glad to hear you are not in too much pain.

Oh no! Sorry to hear this.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope your BGs play fair while you are healing. I remember @trophywench mentioning some significant BG upheaval after a broken kneecap.

Oh wow! That is quick. Sorry to hear about your accident but great news that they are going to fix you up today. Good luck with the surgery. Hope it all goes smoothly. Look forward to (hopefully) a positive update from you once you are able. Sending very best wishes.

I have just got a call and they can do the surgery this afternoon. I didn't have too bad a night. Thanks for the good wishes.
Hope all goes well and you have a speedy and pain free recovery.

Good luck!

You may have to keep your leg straight after surgery, so the first thing you should buy is plastic urinal, to make life easier, and a movable bathroom stool you can rest your leg on for more significant deposits. The plastic urinals are in various flavours, male, female, kids and anything in between.

Wishing you luck with the op all the best

Ow, ow, ow. Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery - ow!

Not so fast, went in got all prepped for surgery, not quite anaesthetised and the surgeon said they had seen something else on the Xray and wanted a CT scan before proceeding, I managed to have that and came home and have to go back tomorrow to see what they have found and the next step.
Couldn't fault the care from the staff, the parking and lack of suitable wheelchairs that's another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back