Diet Survey for my study

yulia1415

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Hi guys

For those who didn't see my last post, could you spend some time help me fill in this survey please.
It's for my final year project, I don't have enough data to support my work.
If you're uncomfortable with some of the questions, you can leave it blank.

Thank you so much!!

This has been approved by @Josh DUK

Last edited by a moderator:

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi guys

For those who didn't see my last post, could you spend some time help me fill in this survey please.
It's for my final year project, I don't have enough data to support my work.
If you're uncomfortable with some of the questions, you can leave it blank.

Thank you so much!!
Done, but on the questions about frying/sautéing you should include Olive Oil as an option as this is a healthy choice for many of us.

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Done

danielmg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Survey submitted. Good luck with your final year project.

KARNAK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Done good luck.

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I could not answer several questions, as I don't do what the question assumed.
With cast iron cookware, polished to a black mirror over decades of use, to cook you just put it on the heat and place the food in it. No additional fat required.

yulia1415

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
I could not answer several questions, as I don't do what the question assumed.
With cast iron cookware, polished to a black mirror over decades of use, to cook you just put it on the heat and place the food in it. No additional fat required.
Ohhhh! that is smart! maybe i could do some research on that, thank you !

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Ohhhh! that is smart! maybe i could do some research on that, thank you !
Yes - of course.
I also often cook veges in a tray beneath a rack on which the joint of meat or chicken is roasted, and never throw away the fat or juices from meat, though I do sometimes separate them. I never char meat or veges - but never eat meat which is underdone in the middle, preferring a long gentle cooking. Another oddity is that I put bacon in water and boil it for a minute or so before sieving it out and cooking it - I suspect that it removes the salt and nitrates/nitrites.
These traits probably have no influence on my diabetes, but they are at odds with modern ways to cook.
I have wondered if the non stick thin aluminium pans are a healthy choice, long term. They seem to be replaced so frequently too. What happens to them, for them to require replacing?

yulia1415

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Yes - of course.
I also often cook veges in a tray beneath a rack on which the joint of meat or chicken is roasted, and never throw away the fat or juices from meat, though I do sometimes separate them. I never char meat or veges - but never eat meat which is underdone in the middle, preferring a long gentle cooking. Another oddity is that I put bacon in water and boil it for a minute or so before sieving it out and cooking it - I suspect that it removes the salt and nitrates/nitrites.
These traits probably have no influence on my diabetes, but they are at odds with modern ways to cook.
I have wondered if the non stick thin aluminium pans are a healthy choice, long term. They seem to be replaced so frequently too. What happens to them, for them to require replacing?
i guess its the non-stick layer, they comes off after been used for a while, you cant scrub it with rough material, otherwise would damage the layer. maybe this is why people change it so often.

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i guess its the non-stick layer, they comes off after been used for a while, you cant scrub it with rough material, otherwise would damage the layer. maybe this is why people change it so often.
Oh gosh yes - I never thought of it coming off - living up to the name 'non stick' in more ways than one.
I got the cast iron set a long time ago - might have been in the 1970s, and it just gets better. It will see me out, I am sure. I just hope it finds a good home for its next century or two of use.