Didn’t expect that

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Glass Half Full kinda gal.
Sometimes, a need a little assistance to maintain this persona.

So, I would like some stories of people who found their shingles symptoms being past their worst after about 5 days or a week and no more tales of extreme pain or lasting for months on end (although I am sympathetic to those who are unfortunate to experience it).

My OH had the rash for a total of about 2 weeks. Was painful for about a week of that time and hasn’t bothered him since.xx
That’s exactly what I want to read.
There is enough doom and gloom in the news - I need this kind of positivity.

Thank you for sharing.

Hello @helli If I remember correctly when I had it in my 20's it went quite rough for 5-7 days started to wain over the next 7 days and back to work after the 14 days lapse.
The Dr did stress to take things EASY & REST for the period.
Don't think there's not much wrong with you and you can strip wallpaper or the like as you will pay for it with your health.

I wasn't T! then so can't advise on that other than to say treat as you would for any sickness.

Chin up.

I haven’t had shingles @helli but I do remember a friend of my mum’s had it and she had a very similar experience to @EmmaL76 ’s OH. Painful for around a week and pretty much gone after two weeks. She’s never had a recurrence and I presume she has no further pain.

That’s exactly what I want to read.
There is enough doom and gloom in the news - I need this kind of positivity.

Thank you for sharing.
Ahh your welcome, also when I had it in my eye many years ago although that was terribly painful at the time, once the rash was gone it was fine, a little sensitive when plucking eyebrows for a little while but that’s it x

double post deleted

I am a Glass Half Full kinda gal.
Sometimes, a need a little assistance to maintain this persona.

So, I would like some stories of people who found their shingles symptoms being past their worst after about 5 days or a week and no more tales of extreme pain or lasting for months on end (although I am sympathetic to those who are unfortunate to experience it).

Cant remember time scale, not going to lie, it was weeks rather than months. Really hope you get better soon my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back