Diabetic patient died after nurses failed to give her insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.
This situation is completely inexcusable! Cannot believe how many nurses reported that they'assumed' something about that poor ladies care! That was a cardinal sin when I was nursing, and you always took notes at handover and went straight to check the patients afterward. Why, when found to be 'very high', was nothing done??!! Even if they were not aware of her previous diagnosis, this is unbelievable.
This is so basic as to be completely unforgivable.

Thanx Copepod,

Stafford Hospital isn't perfect and I'm sure not the only one with problems. There just isn't the standard of care given or even time to talk to patients anymore it's all about getting 'em in an out asap, its all numbers.

I think a lot of the problems stem from the fact that not many, if any at all, of the management have come through the ranks and actually NURSED anyone. How can they possibly KNOW what its like day to day on a ward?

Anyway, rant over, I have to live here an have to rely on and trust this hospital for my care and care of those I love.

Shirl x

p.s hope that last bit makes sense

All makes sense. Is the situation still as bad as ever? I had got the impression that things were beginning to change with new management, less emphasis on targets, more on care?

As I said in an earlier post unfortunately we arn't hearing anything 'good' all the media is interested in is the negative, it seems they don't want to know if things are improving and that should be the focus as far as I'm concerned! All I have to go on is my own experiences which have been nothing but good, thank goodness.

Some media must be getting it right, as that's my only source of information about Stafford Hospital, not living locally -I make a point of watching local TV news when visiting my family in West Midlands and looking on BBC local news webpages. However, I have to agree with you, that going by the responses on this board, many people refuse to change their views (from largely negative to improving / positive) in light of changing news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back