Diabetic or at risk of developing diabetes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alix1994

Do you control your blood sugar due to either; having diabetes or being at risk of developing diabetes? Or engage in other diabetes self management behaviours?

For my Health Psychology MSc thesis, I am looking for people aged 18 and over who either; have or are at risk of developing diabetes to complete two questionnaires, exploring the relationship between diabetes coping and self-management of blood sugar levels.

Completion will only take a short time and participation would be greatly valued 🙂

Please click the link below to begin completing the questionnaires and share this link with any family or friends who may fit the criteria in order to aid research!

https://ljmupsych.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_06t4xeYf5jYo7VX

This post has been approved by the administrator 🙂

Completed.

I found the questions on religion rather strange in this context.

Is this the same questionnaire as the one you put up at the beginning of February? Just checking so I don't do it twice!

Do you control your blood sugar due to either; having diabetes or being at risk of developing diabetes? Or engage in other diabetes self-management behaviours?

For my Health Psychology MSc thesis, I am looking for people aged 18 and over who either; have or are at risk of developing diabetes to complete two questionnaires, exploring the relationship between diabetes coping and self-management of blood sugar levels.

Completion will only take a short time and participation would be greatly valued 🙂

Please click the link below to begin completing the questionnaires and share this link with any family or friends who may fit the criteria in order to aid research!

https://ljmupsych.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_06t4xeYf5jYo7VX

This post has been approved by the administrator 🙂

I am sorry, but I stopped filling out the questions because I found them poorly worded. An example being along the lines of "I've a lot from my diabetes". Do you mean "I have learned a lot from my diabetes"?

I had problems understanding other questions because they were very ambiguous and I was having to try and answer them on my terms rather than being clear what you were after.

I'd love to help, but I think it needs reworking before I can do so.

Andy :(

I am sorry, but I stopped filling out the questions because I found them poorly worded. An example being along the lines of "I've a lot from my diabetes". Do you mean "I have learned a lot from my diabetes"?

I had problems understanding other questions because they were very ambiguous and I was having to try and answer them on my terms rather than being clear what you were after.

I'd love to help, but I think it needs reworking before I can do so.

Andy :(
Hi Andy,

I am sorry you dislike the wording of the questionnaires. Nevertheless, they are validated and I have no received this feedback from anyone else. I would be very grateful if you decide to participate. Thanks.

Participation is greatly valued, I am still in need of participants and data!

Thanks to everyone who has participated so far!!

Hi Andy,

I am sorry you dislike the wording of the questionnaires. Nevertheless, they are validated and I have no received this feedback from anyone else. I would be very grateful if you decide to participate. Thanks.
Sorry, Alix, but I am in full agreement with Andy. I have now attempted to fill in this questionnaire three times, and each time given up in disgust. I have no idea how to interpret many of the questions, and could easily answer with any of the options depending on how I guess at what you are trying to ask.

I am sorry to be negative, but if you had not said it was for your M.Sc. I would have guessed at GCSE level at most.......

Im s
Sorry, Alix, but I am in full agreement with Andy. I have now attempted to fill in this questionnaire three times, and each time given up in disgust. I have no idea how to interpret many of the questions, and could easily answer with any of the options depending on how I guess at what you are trying to ask.

I am sorry to be negative, but if you had not said it was for your M.Sc. I would have guessed at GCSE level at most.......

Hi, you may find that the questions are similar, this is to ensure validity and reliability of results. I am sorry that you have failed three times at completing the questionnaires however, they are fully validated and are used throughout the field of psychology. Individuals differences may have occurred this time.

Completed.

I found the questions on religion rather strange in this context.
Yes I thought those a bit odd...seemed out of context!

The English is indeed very poor and the options are not able to collect the full range of possibilities, or they reveal some fuzzy thinking - but still - at least someone is showing some interest.
I just picked the option closest to the situation I find myself in and ploughed on to the end - after all it is not a hanging offence to give a misleading answer to a questionnaire, even half way on purpose.

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry but I will not be participating. Your reply was not sufficient. Good luck with your thesis though (and I do mean that).

Best wishes,

Andy 🙂

Well you've received exactly the same sort of negative feedback about some of the questions from at least two of the diabetes forums you asked to take part - so your reply to Andy wasn't actually correct. However if you aren't interested I can't make you.

Validated? By whom are they validated please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back