Diabetes Nurse.

All of the above horrifies me!!! Its almost as though its defined as the patients fault, and sort it out ourself. Oh dear, I had better not say anymore as it's a can that's best not opened......and left to wonderful people on forums such as this to give support and help.

In a first for me, my annual review at my GPs this year was taken by the practice Pharmacist(!) - which confused me initially, and I asked to double check as I’d had a ‘medication review’ earlier in the year.

Apologies.. I'm still learning all the terms.
I most robustly do NOT feel that any apology is needed or appropriate, @Lilsis (but thank you for the thought!).

I commented because our use of abbreviations is often helpful, then every once in a while it can cause confusion. At my former Surgery the Nurse who looked after patients with D, was constantly referred to as the Surgery DN that confused me when I got a referral to the local District Nurse (referred to as DN) for help when my temporary catheter became a longer term matter. The Reception team couldn't see the irony of this.

No problem

Thank you. The material seems to come from a link to an NHS web page.

The first sentence says, 'Diabetes is a lifelong condition that causes a person's blood sugar level to become too high'. That's exactly what my GP said when she called to give me my T2 diagnosis and Metformin instructions.

Professor Roy Taylor's book, Life without Diabetes, Type 2, set me on the path to remission. HbAic down to 39 from 104 in three months. This talk, Roy Taylor, Achieving T2D remission (May 2023) covers the same ground - at the end he recommends any effective weight loss diet, such as Freshwell which you recommend.

Back