Diabetes HbA1c blood test result

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are on 3 medications. This could be contributing to some of that reduction. Have they been adding new medications over the years since diagnosis?
I've been on 3 meds for years. And virtually all my A1c's have been alarmingly high. Except for 2019 which is when I started an intense physical workout program. But no-one asked the question what have you done different. In April/May this year I started the physical workouts again. And got the result.

I've been on 3 meds for years. And virtually all my A1c's have been alarmingly high. Except for 2019 which is when I started an intense physical workout program. But no-one asked the question what have you done different. In April/May this year I started the physical workouts again. And got the result.
What dietary measures are you taking as it sounds like you are expecting the meds and exercise to be sufficient without making any adjustments to the amount of carbohydrates you are having.
Some people find that intense exercise actually increases blood glucose levels.

What dietary measures are you taking as it sounds like you are expecting the meds and exercise to be sufficient without making any adjustments to the amount of carbohydrates you are having.
I've cut out all the sugar and I was amazed how bad bread is, potatoes and rice. But only this week I have been struggling to get Tee2 readings below 8 or 9. Until this morning when I stepped up the workout and got a 4.7 and a 5.2. Trust me I know what works for me. Sorry I think I meant to say pasta. Anyway I have looked at diet but admit I could do better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tdm
Exercise may increase levels temporarily. However the benefits of exercise last 24 hours or more.

So the medication didn't help lower it at all?

I had the levels down from 80 to 55 in 3 months. The thing that drops the levels for me is intensive exercise.
My diagnosis number was 83 and I had my 1st post diagnosis test a few weeks ago and it was 50. I've always eaten a pretty health diet it was just that I ate way way too many carbs 2kg? of sourdough bread a week and loads of pasta as an example. I've now cut down massively and have lost around 70lbs since 1st Jan '23.

I wanted to agree with you regarding the excersise I too think its been an absolute game changer for my HbA1c.

Out of interest what do you mean by intense excersise?

My diagnosis number was 83 and I had my 1st post diagnosis test a few weeks ago and it was 50. I've always eaten a pretty health diet it was just that I ate way way too many carbs 2kg? of sourdough bread a week and loads of pasta as an example. I've now cut down massively and have lost around 70lbs since 1st Jan '23.

I wanted to agree with you regarding the excersise I too think its been an absolute game changer for my HbA1c.

Out of interest what do you mean by intense excersise?
Thank you indio. I've lost over 2 and a half stone over the past 6 months. Kudos to you.

When I first started seriously with the exercising in 2019, intense meant doing rapid reps to the point of failure for every exercise in multiple blocks. For about 30 minutes but that was enough.

This time I've calmed it down a bit. Basically I do reps, probably verging on hundreds each workout. Actually it's easily into the hundreds. But no machines, equipment or weights. Just using the body. But that means I could do the routine anywhere, if I wanted to.

I will say that when I got that 55 I wasn't really trying that hard and know I can do a lot better. There were days, probably more than a few when I got high readings over that period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back