Diabetes Diet club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done with the wieght loss.

Diets are a mine field. SOmetimes it is easier to go it alone. The only person who can do it at the end of the day is you.

Good point, It is after all us that put the food in our own mouths .

Good luck and Well done to those of you who have lost weight , keep up the

good work :D

Diets

Sorry ghost hunter for the delay, i still go to slimming world, and yes it can be expensive as nobody in my family will eat the same as me. it cost ?4.50 a week well worth it for me, i follow the green plan. just got weighed to night and was very happy, ive lost 2st 1lb in 10 weeks. and my sugar levels have hit an all time low for me.🙂

Sorry ghost hunter for the delay, i still go to slimming world, and yes it can be expensive as nobody in my family will eat the same as me. it cost ?4.50 a week well worth it for me, i follow the green plan. just got weighed to night and was very happy, ive lost 2st 1lb in 10 weeks. and my sugar levels have hit an all time low for me.🙂

Do you do green or red mainly or the new idea of a bit of both (which I don't understand at all) :confused:

I'm currently losing weight but just by cutting down on portion sizes and exercising (tennis twice a week, badminton once a week and swimming once a week). I've lost 4 stone since last September (I was VERY over weight!!) and I'm still losing it. I want to lose about another 3 stone.

Can't help with the diet club thing, but if you want to save your money, I'd say the key is eating whatever you like (and that includes fast food at the weekend by the way!) but less of it and exercise, exercise, exercise!

That is brilliant - and the knock-on effect on your sugar levels - you must be so pleased!

Saminnocent said: I'm currently losing weight but just by cutting down on portion sizes and exercising (tennis twice a week, badminton once a week and swimming once a week). I've lost 4 stone since last September (I was VERY over weight!!) and I'm still losing it. I want to lose about another 3 stone.

That's brilliant too! You must be feeling so much better. I think you're right - it's a whole lifeltyle adjustment - I've more or less done the same, except I swapped from semi-skimmed to skimmed milk, and don't use any butter or marg, except for when I have marmite, and on special occasions!

Hi Ghost Hunter.

The first thing I would suggest is to ask your doctor or diabetes team to see if it is safe for you to go on a diet.

My doctor wants me down to 12 stone (was 14 at diagnosis and 13 now) and I'm doing it gradually by cutting out excess salt, fat, and sugar. I'm being careful with the carbs.

By testing (BG) I've learned how to reduce portion sizes and some naughty foods (for me) like white rice.

I also bit the bullet and now walk as far as I can instead of getting the bus. Poor car battery went flat through lack of use!

I've been to Weight watchers a few years ago and found it too fiddly.

I discovered I eat less throughout the day if I have breakfast. Breakfast for me is a small bowl of porridge made with water or wholegrain toast without butter or marge with marmite on it.

I prefer simple things like say a grilled skinless chicken breast with lots of low carb fresh veg and 2 or 3 small new potatoes. Pud can be a handful of grapes.

Hope that helps.

Do you do green or red mainly or the new idea of a bit of both (which I don't understand at all) :confused:

I do the green plan, which is better for diabetics, i have also more than halved my insulin intake at night, insulatard. i now seldom need my novo rapid.we are allowed syns 15 a day, 105 a week, you dont have to use them in one day, i save some for a saturday night tipple, all in all its all about healthy options , which we should all really be eating. im the only man in the group, but i enjoy the meeting which last for 2 hours. 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back