Diabetes And Sparkling Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that drinking any fizzy liquid causes the gas to go right through my gut and out the other end! Toot-toot!😳

I’ve already explained the physiology of products leaving the intestines. Free carbon dioxide cannot possibly get from the gut to the kidneys. The statement you quote does not come from a scientific paper. I ask again, do you actually believe a carbonated drink can cause free carbon dioxide bubbles in the bladder?
I am sorry you feel like this. I feel embarrassed by your response. I only said that fizzy water can affect sensitive bladders. all other statements by you are yours alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve already explained the physiology of products leaving the intestines. Free carbon dioxide cannot possibly get from the gut to the kidneys. The statement you quote does not come from a scientific paper. I ask again, do you actually believe a carbonated drink can cause free carbon dioxide bubbles in the bladder?
Do you really believe in free carbon bubbles through a digestive tract? Or is that a pseudo science distraction from the mechanism of digestion, and resulting changes in the pH of the contents of the bladder?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry you feel like this. I feel embarrassed by your response. I only said that fizzy water can affect sensitive bladders. all other statements by you are yours alone.
I m not demented and will refrain from corresponding on the DiabetesUk threads from now on.
Don't, that response sadly embarrasses the forum, not you.

Hi Aristotle_T,

Thanks for the question, as you can see, many have their own perspectives on the issue! There isn't currently a hard and fast rule on sparkling water, it appears to be fine for most diabetics.

The only thing you'd need to keep an eye on are the ones with flavourings and are marked as 'sugar free' as the sugar replacements can have a similar impact as regular sugar.

I'm also going to take a moment to remind our lovely community that it's really helpful to answer questions when they come up as that's how we learn and grow as a community.

It's natural to have differing opinions but it's important that we're respectful of other peoples views and perspectives as it can be a little overwhelming to have your views challenged when you're trying to offer help.

If there is a point that peaks your curiosity, you’re welcome to spark up a debate in the Off The Subject section and discuss the finer points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back