Diabetes and OCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do get a bit obsessive about numbers. I think it comes from being a runner for so long - you're always concerned about your times and distances, and other things like your weight, heart rate etc. So, now I am also obsessed with BG levels, cholesterol, blood pressure!😱😉

Hmm what about the compulsive correcting of peoples typos and punctuation eh? 😉😉

Wow this is very interesting. I think I have a few traits, but never thought about ocd! Thinking further I think when I was younger I had a load more traits!? Can you grow out or into such things, I guess you can. I certainly like to arrive early, park in the same spot, coat hangers, I'm less bothered about these days, but there's a certain way to do the washing up, and work I do things in a particular way!

Hmm what about the compulsive correcting of peoples typos and punctuation eh? 😉😉

I was talking about this once with a programmer friend of mine (I'm a programmer too btw). We used to get letters to set up in the automatic system and they often had quite appalling spelling or grammar in them, even though they had been supposedly 'proof-read' by the departments producing them. We realised that (good!) programmers have a very good attention to detail, because the slightest typo or semi-colon out of place can prevent a program from working properly. I also studied languages before becoming a programmer, which means again that I am used to paying close attention to grammar, spelling and punctuation.

It's just the kind of guy I am! All these things improve communication of the written word. I'm not that bothered about things that are wrong in informal things like posts and emails, but when official documentation is produced I think it looks very bad when mistakes are made.

:D

I was talking about this once with a programmer friend of mine (I'm a programmer too btw). We used to get letters to set up in the automatic system and they often had quite appalling spelling or grammar in them, even though they had been supposedly 'proof-read' by the departments producing them. We realised that (good!) programmers have a very good attention to detail, because the slightest typo or semi-colon out of place can prevent a program from working properly. I also studied languages before becoming a programmer, which means again that I am used to paying close attention to grammar, spelling and punctuation.

It's just the kind of guy I am! All these things improve communication of the written word. I'm not that bothered about things that are wrong in informal things like posts and emails, but when official documentation is produced I think it looks very bad when mistakes are made.

:D

Yes I agree it does look bad in official documents , hmm its a good job you dont see have the stuff I churn out for work then , that would be a full time job to correct 😱😱 Yes I know you are a programmer , Im still sure you have power over my laptop though 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back