Diabetes and ileostomy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliamax

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has diabetes and ileostomy, I am struggling with food because I can’t eat the veg and fibre that is recommended, my Gp does not seem to understand the difficulties I’m having, even with Metformin causing more tummy issues. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum @Juliamax

I don’t think we have anyone who is regularly posting at the moment who lives with diabetes and an ileostomy, but it does come up as a topic from time to time.

You might find some hints and tips on these old threads and posts?

It seems that some people opt for alternatives to Metformin to try to avoid the common gastric upheaval that comes with Met?

Welcome to the forum @Juliamax

I don’t think we have anyone who is regularly posting at the moment who lives with diabetes and an ileostomy, but it does come up as a topic from time to time.

You might find some hints and tips on these old threads and posts?

It seems that some people opt for alternatives to Metformin to try to avoid the common gastric upheaval that comes with Met?
Hey, thanks for getting in touch, I think it’s gonna be a long struggle, have now changed T2 meds to Empagliflozin to see if any difference, not feeling too positive just now, medically nobody seems to be bothered let alone want to help. Seems to be general pattern these days.

Hey, thanks for getting in touch, I think it’s gonna be a long struggle, have now changed T2 meds to Empagliflozin to see if any difference, not feeling too positive just now, medically nobody seems to be bothered let alone want to help. Seems to be general pattern these days.

Sorry to hear you aren’t feeling positive @Juliamax

Hope the new meds suit you better. Have you considered calling the Diabetes UK Helpline for their advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back