Dexcom One+ Incoming?

After spending a couple of days looking at the Dexcom list of compatible phones and going through phone reviews, this morning I was about to purchase a new Samsung but thought I'd just check the Dexcom site again. Over the last couple of days they have added my existing phone to the list!!!!
There was the app on Google Play so I downloaded it and all is working fine! So I'm about £450 better off than I thought I would be :D:D
Surely you can find something to spend that saving on. Seems a shame not to.

Hi. T2 on insulin here. I was a self funder of the G7 for a year. When the One+ came out I switched my subscription to that. Not only is it cheaper (£145 to £88) it fulfills all my needs. So, yes it is for self funders. The only thing missing is the 90 day history, as it runs on a different app and the alarm set up is different. The 90 days doesn’t matter if you already have Clarity up and running, as all info changes over. Overall, as a T2 I don’t see much difference between this and the G7 apart from the cost. The accuracy seems to be just as good as the G7, one or two calibrations in the first 12 hrs usually gets it very close to finger prick readings.

I'm going to try this out when my Libre2s run out. Most interested in the connection durability. Glad to know that it's reported to be very accurate.

After spending a couple of days looking at the Dexcom list of compatible phones and going through phone reviews, this morning I was about to purchase a new Samsung but thought I'd just check the Dexcom site again. Over the last couple of days they have added my existing phone to the list!!!!
There was the app on Google Play so I downloaded it and all is working fine! So I'm about £450 better off than I thought I would be :D:D
Good one!

Just to update on this, my mother and I who are both type 1s are having a ‘course’ at our local hospital on Monday where we are getting the one+ and will be getting it on prescription going forward. I had already ordered one from Dexcom and will be putting it on tomorrow and comparing it to the G7.

I'm going to try this out when my Libre2s run out. Most interested in the connection durability. Glad to know that it's reported to be very accurate.
Since starting the ONE+ a couple of days ago I can say it does seem more accurate than the ONE. The other thing is that the range doesn't seem as good as the One. I used to quite often be more that 6m away from my phone indoors and the ONE could stay connected but not so with the ONE+, I have to keep reminding myself to carry the phone around the house with me.

Since starting the ONE+ a couple of days ago I can say it does seem more accurate than the ONE. The other thing is that the range doesn't seem as good as the One. I used to quite often be more that 6m away from my phone indoors and the ONE could stay connected but not so with the ONE+, I have to keep reminding myself to carry the phone around the house with me.

Thanks for the info. That's not what is bothering me with the Libre2, it's random disconnections. e.g. Phone in left pocket, sensor on right arm - indoors OK. Put clothes on to go out, phone in left breast pocket, connection broken. Or, sit in comfy chair with cushion, connection broken. By contrast, phone on bedside table, 3am pee interrupt, forget phone, visit loo, come back, connection unbroken.

Glad to hear (again) about improved accuracy.

Last edited:
I was offered Dexcom 1+ yesterday at my appointment with DSN instead of Libre 2+ (which I currently have) - I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has any comparisons? I've found the Libre 2+ much better than Libre 2 so far (although only 2 sensors in)

Back