Dexcom G4 and G5 Discontiued No warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this staggering but this attitude exists in many areas. The assumption seems to be we will deal with the flak as and when it comes knowing many will not bother.
Someone with consumer law experience might be able to clarify things, but I am wondering if Dex could be prosecuted for miss selling as they obviously knew they were discontinuing G4/5

Someone with consumer law experience might be able to clarify things, but I am wondering if Dex could be prosecuted for miss selling as they obviously knew they were discontinuing G4/5

If only there were some UK charity for diabetes, maybe they could look into it? (At least to find out what the situation is, and to make it public.)

There's no problem re you having the sensor 🙂 You should be able to get anything from 14 - 40 days from one sensor so at least it's a bit of help.
I've looked on the net and there is no mention anywhere about stopping the G5 so I wonder what is going on. There have been rumours for a while that Dex were going to stop the G4 transmitters as Animas have stopped selling pumps now. Your transmitter if it's the G4 will last a year

The G6 is ok but not as reliable as they claim and I as sure as hell would not make a clinical decision on the readings given. It can and has been 2 points above finger poke. It has got better as the days go by but still having readings 1.0 out from a finger poke.
Hi Sue- Could I ask a G6 question.....this may be obvious however Ive no idea lol

Can I ask- If I have a sensor attached and the transmitter dies/shuts off at its 90-110 day time period, however there is still a few days left on the sensor can you link the next new transmitter to the already inserted sensor? Ideally so not to waste the remaining few days life of the sensor?

Also if I have a transmitter that is set to shut off in a few days but I need to insert a new sensor would it be best just insert the new transmitter a bit earlier? Or just chance the old one for a bit, given that I wont know for definite if it will shut off at 90 days or a few days after?

I was just wondering as sometimes I feel it wont always match up together….there might be times where I can see the sensor is going to run out when I am out/at an important event so might remove the sensor a day earlier so not to be having to faff around with it all when out (for example)

The answers may be really obvious but I was wondering seeing as I won’t know whether the transmitter will shut off at day 90 or day 110?

I used the G4 as it was compatible with my Animas pump so had no problems restarting the sensors when a transmitter was needed.
The G6 I have no idea about as only started it on the 1st of August, I need to do some research me thinks 🙂 There are others on the forum who have been using the G6 for quite awhile so start a new thread and see who comes up with answers.

Look what I found 🙂 https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/...sor-goes-beyond-the-ten-day-hard-stop-580510/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back